News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Registraton Status

Started by WizADSL, November 06, 2014, 10:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizADSL

I've recently switched from Vonage and am now using an Obi100 with a SIP provider.  A feature that the ATA used by Vonage has is that you will hear a message (instead of a dialtone) when you pick up a handset telling you that the device is not able to communicate with Vonage if your network connection is down.  The Obi100 will play a message when the network is down telling me the same thing AFTER I attempt to dial a number.  I would prefer if it would play the same message right when I pick up the handset the same way the Vonage ATA did instead of presenting a dialtone and only playing the message after dialing.  I realize that the Obi is probably only playing the message once it tries to initiate the SIP session with the provider, is there a setting so that the message will play if the device is not registered?

azrobert

I don't know a way to do this.

This might help you:
The power LED will flash If the OBi100 doesn't have access to the internet.
If your provider is defined on SP1 and can't register the phone port LED will be off.

WizADSL

Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 11:34:03 AM
I don't know a way to do this.

This might help you:
The power LED will flash If the OBi100 doesn't have access to the internet.
If your provider is defined on SP1 and can't register the phone port LED will be off.

I noticed that, but the purpose in this case is so that a person (not near the ATA) that picks up the phone would immediately know that a call can't be made rather than dialing and waiting for a timeout to find out.  I had also been using that "feature" when I thought there might be an internet problem but didn't want to check on another internet-connected device or if someone told me it was down.  It was real easy to just pick up a nearby phone and instantly know "yup, the internet is down".

azrobert

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_NoRegNoCall: Checked

You still have to dial a number, but now the call will fail immediately instead of waiting the default 32 second timeout.