News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice SP! Resolving DNS

Started by Orple, November 16, 2014, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orple

Apparently I haven't been receiving my calls the last few days, although my husband made an outgoing call a couple of days ago just fine. I tried to call one of the missed callers and hear, "No service Configured error, log on and configure..." At my obi100 device web page where I have Google voice configured on SP! it shows "Resolving DNS" under the status green circle. Echo test works. I unplugged the device and plugged back in because there was only the power light on but now, a recording says, "There is no service to complete your call." I refreshed the dashboard and SP1 GV is now red and offline, echo test no longer works. I rebooted modem and router, refreshed obi dashboard and again resolving DNS and echo test works. Following Obi troubleshooting I am told, "Put your OBi in the DMZ of your router and reboot the router." But, my Belkin router warns me this is dangerous because it opens my computer to hackers. Help please? 

Orple

Well, I think the right person must have read this. I notice the far right light is on now, refreshed the dashboard and it says connected. I made a successful call. I'd still like to know that happened though, so I could fix it next time myself.

ceg3

You might review the steps you took, because unless your device updated itself automatically to a needed firmware it's likely something you did that solved your issue connecting Google Voice.