News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Service Providers with Caller ID?

Started by Waterstone, November 13, 2014, 02:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterstone

Looking for a service provider with features to include 2 way caller ID... Not sure if you call it that, but I want caller ID coming in and going out.  I signed up for ring.to because it is free and found out that there is no caller ID.   I ported over my home number and my friends and family do not answer because they do not see my name and just do not recognize the number. 
What are other providers, either free, or at short cost for unlimited calling.   I live in the US incase that is important to the provider I select.

MurrayB

Look into VOIP.ms I have had great success with them.  They have a very simple to use and feature rich website. I ported over three numbers last December.

Waterstone

Thank you MurryB. Whereas that is not a preferred provider... is it still as easy to set up... Someone else told me about that company and it does sound like what I may need.

Johnny

Your title should probably be edited to reflect Providers with CNAM.

I also would recommend Voip.ms, but I believe there is a $10.00 one time charge to update the CNAM base in order to have your name come up on outgoing calls.

There are other providers who also offer this feature with Callcentric being one, and I don't believe they charge for this service.

As you already found out, Ring.to does not offer CNAM, only caller ID.

Good luck.....

Johnny

If you want an OBI approved provider,

I would suggest the Phone Power Lite Plan.  Very reasonable costs and they offer CNAM which is what you are looking for.

Or, if you need unlimited outgoing calling you can sign up for the other Phone Power plan through OBI.  I believe that plan offers unlimited minutes. 

It, of course, costs more.................

Waterstone

Thank you Johnny,, Just learning what CNAM is.... I did see another company yesterday and cannot remember the name for the life of me that was free, but do not know if it offered CNAM either...I think it began with a C ,  sounded like callcentric, but it was another company...

I have to say I am very impressed with the call sound and quality of the call with ring.to.... are all the other carriers the same...?  I used OOma and was not impressed at all.. they even changed the programming of the unit, and the delay was enormous.

rolandh

Since you're happy with RingTo's call quality, you might want to take a look at the last post in this thread from broldan. I think RingTo can indeed help you. https://community.ring.to/thread/1067?sr=stream&ru=2006

Johnny

Quote from: rolandh on November 14, 2014, 04:02:16 AM
Since you're happy with RingTo's call quality, you might want to take a look at the last post in this thread from broldan. I think RingTo can indeed help you. https://community.ring.to/thread/1067?sr=stream&ru=2006

Appreciate the link.

I didn't realize you get get CNAM with ring.to.  I wonder if there is a charge for this?

I've ported a few numbers to them so maybe I can get a CNAM update on them.

I'll have to email support and see what they say.

Very good news for the OP.....................

Waterstone

Thank you all once again.... checked the link...looks positive... will check it out..