News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add existing ring.to account to OBI

Started by dhobi, November 08, 2014, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhobi

How can I add an existing ring.to account to OBI? Is it possible or does it have to be a new account? And if yes, does an existing ring.to account still require configuring 911?
Thanks.

rolandh

Quote from: dhobi on November 08, 2014, 05:32:48 PM
How can I add an existing ring.to account to OBI? Is it possible or does it have to be a new account? And if yes, does an existing ring.to account still require configuring 911?
Thanks.

Presuming that your OBi was purchased after May 1, 2014, it is possible to add an existing RingTo account. Proceed as if adding a new RingTo account. In step 1 enter your existing RingTo phone number. Your browser will redirect to RingTo, where you'll be asked to login so that your number may be verified. Navigate back to OBiTalk (there is a link on the resulting RingTo page) to complete steps 2 and 3.

Step 2 will require a 911 provider. My understanding is that RingTo requires that a 911 provider be used, however, the decision to use Anveo is Obihai's.

Step 3 should provide the option of setting up your RingTo account or restoring a previous RingTo configuration.

dhobi

Thank you. Too bad OBI requires 911 service even for existing ringto accounts.

cluckercreek

dhobi

Quote from: cluckercreek on November 10, 2014, 04:02:04 PM
Ring.to requires the 911 service.

On OBI yes unfortunately, on GrooveIP it doesn't. it's more like OBI requires the 911 service, there must be some deal there with Anveo.