News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to select a distinctive ring using Alert-Info

Started by JeanInNepean, March 19, 2013, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanInNepean

Hi everyone,
I need help to use different ring patterns. Specifically, the admin guide contains this section:
ITSP Driven Distinctive Ringing
OBi device offers 10 ring and 10 call-waiting tone patterns in each ring profile. These patterns are numbered from 1 to 10. Each pattern also comes with a configurable name. A different default ring may be assigned to each trunk on the device.

An ITSP can tell OBi device which ring to use by name for a call routed to SP1/SP2 by inserting an Alert-Info header in the SIP INVITE sent to the device. The Alert-Info must include a URI. For example:

Alert-Info: http://www.xyz.com/some-folder/bellcore-dr4

When the device receives this, it will look for a ring tone name or call-waiting tone name in the ring profile that matches the Alert-Info URI. Ring tone names are compared case- insensitively. If a match is found, device plays the corresponding ring or call-waiting tone. Otherwise, device plays the default ring.

The only problem is that nowhere does it mention what www.xyz.com and some-folder should be set to. I've tried setting the alert-info to http://127.0.0.1/<dir>/Bellcore-dr4 with about 100 different <dir> I could think of (A,  1, ProfileA, Profile.A, Ring.Profile.1, RingProfileA, etc... with different combinations of cases) without success. I've also tried to point to my HTTP server instead of 127.0.0.1, but the device doesn't make any request on my server...

Any idea, what I should use Alert-Info to get any distinctive ring other than the default Bellcore-dr1?

Thanks!

Jean ;-)

azrobert

I got it to work.
Here's what I did:

Created a Custom SIP header "Alert-Info" with a value "http://www.xyz.com/some-folder/bellcore-dr4".
When I called my OBi phone I got the distinctive ring.

The value must be in URL format and is just a dummy except for the ring pattern name.

QBZappy

JeanInNepean,

What is a use case for this feature?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JeanInNepean

Thanks azrobert,
Using a recent version of Asterisk, it seems ALERT_INFO doesn't get passed as an Alert-Info header. Added the header with SIPAddHeader solved the problem.

QBZappy,
I have 8 phone numbers that all get routed through my server. Most numbers (home, work, cell) end up on my main phone line, but I need a way to distinguish the different calls.

squalk

Can this be done instead by identifying the ITSP DID?   assume several DID ring SP1.  Obi110 has only 2 SPx; I'm using more than 2 DID.

lrosenman

Given I just found this, (yes, I know it's ancient), where would I add the SipAddHeader calls?

lrosenman

I think I found it, in the Asterisk inbound route selection, there is an Alert-Info: box, where I put the Bellcore-dr<n> setup.

I also helped it a little by adding a CID prefix of our initials for each of the GV numbers. 

That should help :)

azrobert

This is my solution, but I forgot about it.
Thanks for finding this thread.

Edit:
Actually this isn't my solution. I determined how to implement the solution. The new version of Asterisk makes it much easier.

lrosenman

I'm actually using FreePBX/IncrediblePBX on a RaspberryPi, with the FreePBX 12 code.... Makes this a breeze :)

Thanks!