July 17, 2018, 08:02:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firmware update for 20x series  (Read 254280 times)
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2018, 10:19:22 am »

Before doing that it would be informative if you would do the following on one of the OBi200s with no dial tone.

1.  Does the PHONE LED flash when you take the phone off-hook?

2.  Log in to the local configuration interface.  Click on Status, then on Phone Status.  With the phone on-hook what values are shown for VBAT and TipRingVoltage?

------
VBAT   55 V (11.7 V)
TipRingVoltage   45 V

-----
VBAT   55 V (11.6 V)
TipRingVoltage   45 V
Thanks for that - those values are normal and you will find the same or almost the same ones when you change firmware and dial tone returns. 

This lack of dial tone is different from those encountered previously where those values are zero, abnormally low or even blank.
Freshmaker

« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2018, 01:05:44 pm »

I have been having an issue for a couple of weeks where certain numbers will ring once or twice and then there is silence when dialing out from my OBI200 using Google Voice. I had first assumed it was an issue on the receiver's end, but then I started thinking maybe it was a GV issue. Eventually I tried dialing using GV on my cellphone and those numbers worked. That led me to start looking into OBI issues and is what brought me to this thread.

I upgraded to 5898EX and that did not fix the issue. Finally I downgraded to 5859EX per suggestions in this thread, but I am still having the issue (previously I was on 5757 -- I think -- when this issue started).

I am seeing discussion of "no dial tone" a lot in this thread, but not being able to place calls that immediately get disconnected. Is that what "no dial tone" means in this thread, or truly no dial tone when taking the receiver off hook?

Here are a couple of phone numbers that I had issues with (CareNow urgent care):

844-422-3627
972-745-7500

It is interesting that if I try calling either of these numbers, or any of the numbers for the local locations, I have this issue. I'd be interested if others are having problems dialing these numbers using GV with OBI, but can call successfully using GV through other clients.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:10:18 pm by Freshmaker » Logged
scott818

« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2018, 02:12:06 pm »

I have been having an issue for a couple of weeks where certain numbers will ring once or twice and then there is silence when dialing out from my OBI200 using Google Voice. I had first assumed it was an issue on the receiver's end, but then I started thinking maybe it was a GV issue. Eventually I tried dialing using GV on my cellphone and those numbers worked. That led me to start looking into OBI issues and is what brought me to this thread.

I upgraded to 5898EX and that did not fix the issue. Finally I downgraded to 5859EX per suggestions in this thread, but I am still having the issue (previously I was on 5757 -- I think -- when this issue started).

I am seeing discussion of "no dial tone" a lot in this thread, but not being able to place calls that immediately get disconnected. Is that what "no dial tone" means in this thread, or truly no dial tone when taking the receiver off hook?

Here are a couple of phone numbers that I had issues with (CareNow urgent care):

844-422-3627
972-745-7500

It is interesting that if I try calling either of these numbers, or any of the numbers for the local locations, I have this issue. I'd be interested if others are having problems dialing these numbers using GV with OBI, but can call successfully using GV through other clients.

I had the same problem and dealt with it today. In my case, it seemed it was only happening with toll-free numbers. The only way I was able to fix it was by deleting the device from the OBi dashboard, performing a factory reset on the OBi device, and then setting it up again from scratch.
LTN1

« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2018, 02:43:33 pm »

I've been following the latest firmware issues but am wondering if it only affects a small percentage of OBi users?

I am currently on 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX) and have had no calling issues at all. I have been waiting for the system to upgrade to Build 5898 but nothing yet.
RFC3261

« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2018, 04:28:44 pm »

I've been following the latest firmware issues but am wondering if it only affects a small percentage of OBi users?
I think there is certainly evidence that it effect some users.  It never affected me, apparently SteveInWa, or you.  What is the difference between working and not?  No one knows for sure, but my guess would be some crappy consumer gateways or configurations (further guess is that it is caused by gateway NAT translation timeouts, which do vary by device and configuration).  The 5898 upgrade apparently fixes it (and if my further out guess is correct, it does so by sending packets more often to keep the translations active).

If you reboot your device (and have not disabled the various provisioning settings) you likely will get upgraded automatically (reboot, and then upgrade, and then reboot again).  That is how I happened to get it (I was doing some other changes, and the device restarted, and then I noticed it flashed its lights in the firmware update sort of way, and rebooted again with the new firmware).
LTN1

« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2018, 04:38:10 pm »

My OBi202, though out of warranty, is set to automatically update. I've been rebooting it every day to see if 5898 would be updated but nothing yet. It's not a big deal...everything works even with 5897.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2018, 07:14:50 pm »

My OBi202, though out of warranty, is set to automatically update. I've been rebooting it every day to see if 5898 would be updated but nothing yet. It's not a big deal...everything works even with 5897.

"set to automatically update"....

There was a widely-held belief, myself included, that making various settings changes to the values on the "System management-->Auto provisioning" tab would either disable or allow firmware updates.  In particular, at one time, the portal inserted a Boolean string that tested to see if the existing firmware build was older than some given build, and would then, in theory, upgrade it.  OBiTALK is no longer inserting that string,and, in fact, it can actually cause the device to downgrade its firmware, if it is set to a lower value than one that you manually install.

The current behavior, as far as I can tell, is that, as long as you have your device(s) attached to the OBiTALK portal, they'll receive firmware updates, if you have that page set to the current defaults.  If you have a value in the "Firmware URL" field, delete it, and set the entire page to "OBiTALK defaults". (I'd post a screenshot, but the forum software isn't allowing it).

AFAIK, this configuration page is only intended for managed service provider use.  In theory, one could use it to remotely upgrade a unit to a specific, known firmware stored at a specific location, but that's not what it's used for by default.

LTN1

« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2018, 08:57:14 pm »

Thanks, Steve. I'm going through the portal and everything is set to the OBiTALK Settings. Everything is working as it should. Was at 5859 until a week ago and since then, have not gone above 5897. Unfortunately, I can't attach screenshots at this time either.
LTN1

« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2018, 05:32:22 am »

Just received the update to 5898 a few minutes ago. I happened to be right in front of the OBi device when it was updating--so was able to confirm it after the automatic reboot. Tested with a call and everything continues to function properly.
madhatter

« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:02 am »

SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) has fixed several problems on my end.  Obi not ringing being the main problem.  I noticed that the GMAIL account in my OBITALK portal had been changed.  I have a gmail account for email and a separate one for GV.  The GV account got CHANGED to the email account.  How strange is that?  I didn't make that change.  

I deleted the GV SP1 record and recreated it.  After doing this, the 200 would not reconfigure GV.  The CONFIGURING message just went into an endless loop.  I unplugged the 200 waited 15 seconds and plugged it back in. The OBI200 then went through a series of reboots (red power light, etc.) and when it finally settled down after about 3-5 minutes everything was working fine.

HTH
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:05:16 am by madhatter » Logged
scott818

« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2018, 07:42:27 am »

This business of not providing the URLs of the firmware for manual upgrades is annoying. I have a few OBi200 units that are offline that I'd like to update in the future. The way things are right now, I would have to add each device to the OBi dashboard and configure service just to have the firmware pushed to each device. Very inconvenient.
SergeS

« Reply #331 on: Today at 07:56:26 am »

I'm still with a one-way audio problem while making an outgoing call with GV (my OBI200 runs 5859EX I've manually installed a couple of weeks ago). Since I haven't managed to find out where I might download version 5898EX from, I've reconnected the unit back to the portal (its Google Voice's status is "Connected" now); however, I still don't get expected update for my system for a couple of weeks already.
So, do I need to wait a little more and eventually will get the update or is it something wrong in the configuration that still prevents me from getting the update?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: