News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

multiple phones

Started by Bort, December 20, 2014, 02:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bort

Is there a way to have two Google Voice numbers ring the same physical phone connected to my OBi200? I want to set up a different ring tones depending which line is being called. It looks like Google only allows one phone number per Google account but what about two Google voice accounts each with its own number. Would that take two Sip slots? Or would it even work?

drgeoff

The 200 lets you have up to 4 Voice Services, in any combination of SIP and GV.  All can ring one phone plugged in to the 200.

There are two Ring Profiles.  You can select different ring cadences for your two GV services.

azrobert

You can select a different ring tone by changing the following:

Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_DefaultRing

bsdaiwa

Quote from: azrobert on December 20, 2014, 07:01:49 AM
You can select a different ring tone by changing the following:

Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_DefaultRing

Is there someplace that explians each of the ringtones or do you just have to test by setting and calling in?
Also, what does X_RingProfile do? I see there are two choices, A and B, but what do they do?

azrobert

Each Ring Profile contains 10 ring patterns. If you don't like the default ring patterns, they can be modified. I don't know why there are 2 ring profiles instead of one with 20 patterns.

See: http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543110

Ring Pattern 1: 60;(2+4)
60 = The pattern will repeat for a max of 60 seconds.

2 = Ring for 2 seconds
4 = Silence for 4 seconds
Repeat

Ring Pattern 2: 60;(.3+.2,1+.2,.3+4)
60 = The pattern will repeat for a max of 60 seconds.

.3 = Ring for .3 second
.2 = Silence for .2 second
1 = Ring for 1 second
.2 = Silence for .2 second
.3 = Ring for .3 second
4 = Silence for 4 seconds
Repeat

bsdaiwa

Thanks azrobert, understood.