News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup OBI 202 in UK with Internet phones

Started by KennyY, November 30, 2014, 03:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyY

Hi,

I have been asked by Kenny to help set up his OBI 202 and not getting anywhere fast. The OBI202 is connected to the router and have 2 binatone phones in Phone 1 and 2. The two phones are internet phones and the provider doesn't use proxy servers. I have tried setting up a generic service provider on SP1 for the phones but it will not register. The provider has given the username and password and have stated that is all I should need. I have no experience of VOIP or internet phones.

There was a previous VOIP box in place but it just worked without any complicated setup so Kenny set it up himself. I'm out of my depth here and have tried following various set ups to see if one will work.

Under the generic Service provider, I leave everything as it is and enter the username and password but the SP1 service keeps coming up "failed to register" or just "not configured".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

drgeoff

I don't understand how you have two internet phones plugged into the OBi202.  The Phone 1 and Phone 2 sockets on the 202 are for ordinary analogue phones. Internet phones connect over ethernet or WiFi.

Do you mean the phones have a USB cable for plugging into a PC to use with Skype?

What company is the service provider you are trying to register with? You must enter the provider's server address.  You will never make the 202 register without it.

KennyY

Thanks drgeoff.

I had thought as much when checking out the documentation this morning but I assumed that it was just me not understanding the whole concept. I'll get back to Kenny and let him know that it will not work the way he wants it to.

Thanks,