News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Redial when extra digits present

Started by borice, November 11, 2014, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borice

Hello,

Love my Obi 100 - works great.  The only annoyance is when attempting to redial a past number that has extra digits -- that does not work.  Let me explain.

We've all dialed some 1-800 number to some Customer Service center somewhere. All is well, except that in almost all cases, after the call connects, you're greeted with an automated attendant that makes you "press 1" if this, "press 2" if that...etc. 

Now, when you do that, these digits get "remembered" as part of the phone number such that, if you get disconnected and want to press "redial", they are included with the original 1-800 you dialed in the first place. 

For example, if you dialed 1-800-PIC-KUPS and pressed 1 after call connected to track a package, let's say (i made it up)... then when I hit redial on my phone, it will try to dial: 1-800-PIC-KUPS-1

Now, I realize that this is handset specific (and I own a Panasonic), but most of the ones I've seen work in this way.

Is it possible to instruct the Obi to only dial the first 10 (or 11 if a prefix exists) digits, and ignore the rest? In my example above, because of the "1-" prefix, it would be 11 digits...

Thank you,
Boris

azrobert

Assuming your Primary Line is SP1.
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Change rule 1xxxxxxxxxx to 1xxxxxxxxxxS0

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on November 11, 2014, 07:52:06 AM
Assuming your Primary Line is SP1.
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Change rule 1xxxxxxxxxx to 1xxxxxxxxxxS0

Thanks for this, azrobert. I've been having the exact same problem but your solution works great.
Can't believe I couldn't have figured this one out.  Duh. :-[

ProfTech

You can also use the built-in redial feature of the Obi if correctly configured on the Obi. By default it is *07. The Obi only "remembers" the actual number you called and will not add any buttons that you pressed during the call. You can change the star code to something else if you like. I use the de-facto standard of *66, the same as what Ma Bell usually uses.

borice

Thank you, azrobert.

Can you recommend a good resource for learning about digitmaps?
I'd like to learn how to customize them myself for my needs...

Cheers!

azrobert

Quote from: borice on December 02, 2014, 07:48:19 AM
Can you recommend a good resource for learning about digitmaps?
I'd like to learn how to customize them myself for my needs...

You can start here:
http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543132

You should also understand how the OBi processes a call.
I have a somewhat unique way of coding.
The following will explain the process and describe how I code.
I have slightly changed the way I code since posting this.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5086.0

You can open a new topic and list what you want to accomplish and how you think it should be done. I can tell you if you are correct or where you are going wrong.