News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 Google Voice User still on 1.3.0 (Build: 2872) NOT 2877

Started by grtessman, November 25, 2014, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grtessman

How do I get 2877?  Currently I have 2872 firmware and 2 Google Voice Providers setup.

Please advise how to force update or do manual install.

Thanks.

SteveInWA

I couldn't find a direct download for 2877, and the default "latest" firmware download link provides 2872.  Either it's sloppy release management on Obihai's part, or they deemed 2877 such a minor change that it wasn't worth the trouble.  Maybe Obiahi Mark will see this and respond.

If you want to try to force the upgrade, you can do this:

Log onto your OBiTALK portal page.  I assume you previously added your 110 to the portal.  Make note of any settings customizations you may have made in the past, because this will erase them.  Find the listing for your 110 device and delete it off of the portal.  Wait a few minutes for the portal to send a reset command to your OBi.

Do a paper-clip 10-second factory reset on the OBi box, to be sure it is now in a "virgin" state.  Now, click the "Add device" link on the portal, and perform the **5 procedure to have OBiTALK find and add it.

Now, log into one of your Google Voice accounts on another tab of the same web browser session.  Go back to the ObiTALK portal page tab, and add GV as your desired service provider (SP1 or SP2, corresponding to the GV account you logged into).  If you're lucky, OBiTALK will download and install the 2877 firmware as part of the Google Voice setup process.  If it doesn't, then I wouldn't worry about it.  Log into the other GV account and repeat the procedure to add it to the other SP slot.

Taoman

Quote from: grtessman on November 25, 2014, 10:53:43 PM
How do I get 2877?  Currently I have 2872 firmware and 2 Google Voice Providers setup.

Please advise where you got the idea there was a "2877" firmware version for the OBi 1xx series.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on November 26, 2014, 09:23:47 AM
Quote from: grtessman on November 25, 2014, 10:53:43 PM

Please advise where you got the idea there was a "2877" firmware version for the OBi 1xx series.

It's the secret, non-disclosed release that enables GV calling to the planet Zargon.  Don't you have it yet?

grtessman

Its listed where it should be under: OBiTALK Community > Firmware, Software Updates > Firmware / Advisories / Notifications for OBi Products > Release Notes - OBi100 and OBi110 ATAs

Direct link: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8984.0   - first posting.

Has anyone gotten this update?  I can't even seem to force the update by removing device/re-registering device and re-adding GV etc.

SteveInWA

I am pretty sure that the "2877" number is just a typo, from copying and pasting the release notes from the 2xx/3xx series, which is now at build 4477.  But, I figured that you wouldn't take my word for it, so I let you go through the exercise and prove it to yourself.  My 110 is also at 2872, after going through re-provisioning GV a few weeks ago.

I sent a note to Mark at Obihai, to get his input.

Regardless, 2872 works just fine.  Is there some specific problem you are trying to solve, or did you just want to be sure you had the "latest and greatest" firmware?

MarkObihai

Yes - 2877 is definitely a typo.  My apologies, I've now updated the posts to (correctly) reference version 2872.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

grtessman

No specific problem, just like to always stay current.  Thanks for the feedback and clarification guys!  Happy holidays.