News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi 200 ringing all the way till voicemail even if caller hangs up

Started by Holysmoke, December 04, 2014, 10:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holysmoke

I am testing new Obi 200 by calling from cell phone.

It rang and I was happy and hung up, my happiness went to sadness when the phone kept ringing another 40 seconds and then I get a voicemail.

Now all callers who hang up go to completion and I get a silent voicemail all day long from all callers.

Help!

Vestalink could not help me they said..

Quoteso I am calling vestalink from cell

I hang up cell but call keeps ringing

for full 45 seconds even though I cut it off after 5 seconds

Jeffrey
that's strange

this is a NEW Obi right?

yes

brand new

and then I get a voicemail message

Jeffrey
I see

every person that calls me will now trip the voicemail even if they hang up

Jeffrey
i think the physical answering machine is ON

what does that mean

Jeffrey
the OBi has a built in answering machine

could you check the OBi manual

MarkObihai

The OBi200 does not have a built-in answer machine - no OBi devices have this feature.  It is likely there is a configuration issue on your device or a problem with your upstream provider.  You will need to ensure the settings on your device exactly match those given to you by your provider.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Holysmoke

ceg3

Hate to say it but I am a current but not to renew Vestalink customer and I had issues with voice mail.  I fixed it at least for a while by deleting my OBi200 from OBiTALK and doing a factory reset with ***81 and starting over.  I had issues of people hanging up the phone, but the voice mail connection ran on a number of minutes.  I had evidence in my call logs that someone called and the connection lasted the full time they thought they were leaving a voice mail, but none was left.  I had other VM issues to, but the reset helped.  At one time I could not even able/disable VM in my Vestalink portal, but after the reset that worked again.

I came not to trust their VM system and got out my stand alone box for VM.  Good Luck.

Holysmoke

I have done soft reset with ***81 and then a hard reset with button on unit.

I have redone the activation multiple times.  

I have auto provisioned with vestalink portal, I have reset and provisioned with obi portal, both make phone ring til VM answers.

ceg3

Quote from: Holysmoke on December 04, 2014, 02:37:43 PM
I have done soft reset with ***81 and then a hard reset with button on unit.

I have redone the activation multiple times.  

I have auto provisioned with vestalink portal, I have reset and provisioned with obi portal, both make phone ring til VM answers.
I feel your pain.  There was a time when MWI stopped working and they were convinced it was user issues, but after months of trying every possible setup they finally realized it was their issue and fixed it.  The VM issue bugged me as I said to the point I just plugged in a box for VM.  Then they indicated my fixed rate of 39.99 a year would be raised to 89.99, because things changed with them and that was the final straw.  I have say call quality was good, though.

Hoeveer

I've had an OBI200 for a couple of months, and just today I noticed that the phone continues to ring even after Google voice has send the call to voicemail or the person hangs up early.

I noticed that there was a firmware update while trying to troubleshoot the problem, so I went ahead and installed that, but that did not fix the problem.

This seems to be a recently introduced bug in the system -- I use Google Voice for my calls..

ceg3

I think there is a developing awareness of some bug in using Google Voice that includes your issue.  I think as more people post about these ringing and voice mail issues a fix will evolve.  My recent GV phones continuing to ring after picking up one phone issue stopped after removing GV and re-connecting, at least for now.

BigJim_McD

I've seen the same issue several times over the past couple of weeks on my OBi202 with Google Voice forwarding to Vestalink.  Thankfully, most of my calls are connecting normally now, including those that go to Google Voice mail.
BigJimMcD