News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI in Europe - issues

Started by Fabri, February 07, 2011, 06:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabri

Hi,
I bought last week my OBI110 in the States and I'm now trying to set it up in Europe.
Today it didn't hang up a call to cell phone and it results in a significant charge.
I'm also experimenting issues with AA (not answering to specified numbers)

Is anyone aware of known issues in operating this product in Europe? Should I modify settings?

thanks
rgds

ShermanObi

You will probably needs to modify settings in the Physical Interfaces / LINE Port section of the device web page so that the OBi will properly recognize PSTN disconnect.  In what country does this OBi live?

Fabri

Hi,
   this OBI is lost in warm Spain... help!

thank you

LeftRight

You may try this tone pattern for PSTN disconnect detect in spain ...

Go to:  Physical Interface -> LINE Port -> PSTN Disconnect Detection -> DisconnectTonePattern

425-18;10;(.25+.25)

Also, your AA answering issue might be related to CallerID detection, (Spain uses ETSI FSK, which is different from US)... use option "FSK(v.23)" in Physical Interface -> LINE port -> Port Settings -> CallerIDDetectMethod

Fabri

Hi,
   Thank you, I modified set up as you recommend, however I still have issues with AA, including with VOIP calls.
Could you help? thanks

LeftRight

Would you be a bit more specific? what has been fixed? and what is still remained a problem?

Fabri

Hi, thanks for your help!

I issue a service ticket with this:

"Hi, I bought an OBI110 (#200xxxxxx) in the States last week and I'm having few issues in making it working here in Spain.

It is configured this way:
- voip service via mydivert.com (SIP trunking and call waiting enabled)
- cordless phone (Siemens GIGASET C300)
- no line port (also my standard line is voip)
- I used configuration recommended here by LeftRight (forum):
"You may try this tone pattern for PSTN disconnect detect in spain ...
Go to:  Physical Interface -> LINE Port -> PSTN Disconnect Detection -> DisconnectTonePattern
425-18;10;(.25+.25)
Also, your AA answering issue might be related to CallerID detection, (Spain uses ETSI FSK, which is different from US)... use option "FSK(v.23)" in Physical Interface -> LINE port -> Port Settings -> CallerIDDetectMethod "

Issues I'm experimenting:
- AA works completely random; sometime it starts, sometime it's just ignoring calls
- No call is passed to PHONE line even if it is received by OBI (green led blinking...)
- Caller and called number are identified correctly by the system
- I can call normally from cordless phone even if I've a certain delay in dialing

This is a great device, I'd really appreciate your help in fixing configuration starting from factory reset on...

Thanks a lot,
rgds

OBiSupport

Hi Fabri,

We have replied to your Email about this issue you are having.
Our Support team will continue this thread via Email.

Sincerely
-Obihai Support Team

Fabri

All,
  thanks for prompt answers to this great support team!

OBI was working just fine (I was not using pstn line)- but there was a conflict between SIP port 5060 used by my router (this port was used by my home "landline"- also VOIP as many in Europe) and OBI's, also set on 5060.
I just changed OBI's port and now it works just fine!

thanks