News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NEW - Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing

Started by MarkObihai, December 05, 2014, 12:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkObihai

"A Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing for OBi devices" is designed to give people an in depth understanding on how to implement advanced digit maps and call routes.

We have made every attempt to make the tutorial as readable as possible and have given examples across the document to help you learn as you read.  The examples cover number systems from different countries to help all our international OBi users.

Once you complete the document you should be able to write your own digit maps and craft call routes for single stage dialling between OBi devices.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

drgeoff

This is a most welcome improvement over the corresponding sections of the Admin Guide.  I think I will no longer have the pangs of guilt I sometimes had when referring posters to the Admin Guide.  :)

Is there a reason why the terminal matrix at the bottom of page 4 does not include AA?  The Auto Attendants do appear in the table of terminal names immediately above it.

ianobi

+1 This is a great improvement on the Admin Guide.

I see a small cut and paste error in the last line of page 18. I believe the word "outbound" was intended to be "inbound".

Digit Map people are sooooooo fussy   :D

Ostracus

A great improvement. Combine this with RonR's tool and people will be cranking those rules out in no time.

TrekCom

Quote from: Ostracus on December 06, 2014, 06:12:08 AM
A great improvement. Combine this with RonR's tool and people will be cranking those rules out in no time.

What is RonR's tool and where can it be found?

Thanks!

NoelB

Quote from: MarkObihai on December 05, 2014, 12:08:31 AM
"A Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing for OBi devices" is designed to give people an in depth understanding on how to implement advanced digit maps and call routes.

Hi Mark congratulations this is so much better in describing digit maps than the admin guide but I may be misreading your Digit map format on p6 where you state that "It is structured as a series of rules that are read from left to right. The OBi will apply the first rule that matches the format of the dialed number,". My understanding that while this applies to call routing that digit map rules are read concurrently and not sequentially and the best matched rule is returned. For example the guide quotes rules
1xxx|123x would both match 1234 but 123x would be returned rather than 1xxx because it is a better match even thought it is not the first match if read left to right.
Anyway a great effort and with your other guides highlights the flexibility of the obi .