News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Solved: Alarm monitoring (ADT) + OBi202 + CallCentric

Started by Jay4, December 06, 2014, 02:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay4

Any suggestions to make an Obi202 work better with ADT monitoring?  I have tried DTMFMethod = InBand and forcing (I think) G711U and G711A codecs. I have tried switching the wires (polarity).

I have an older Vista-10SE (Honeywell) that dialed out fine on a cable company's VoIP fine for years.  When I switched to Obi202 + CallCentric, it stopped.

I listen on the line when it dials out and ADT answers and tones are relayed, but ADT claims they never receive anything.  It repeats the dial outs for a while and reports a comm failure.

Any suggestions much appreciated.  Even if a different provider or VoIP device is necessary. (hopefully there are some settings I could try first)

Thanks in advance.

(* I realize VoIP is not a reliable solution.  I'm also already using the RJ31X jack.  Thank you.)

drgeoff

When you listen to the ADT response, does it sound like DTMF tones or does it sound like a modem?

Try other settings of X_FaxPassThroughSignal in ITSP SIP settings.

Jay4

drgeoff:  it sounded like all DTMF tones.  Thank you for the quick response.

I'm happy to report I actually got it working (for now).  I posted too soon.  I think the InBand option may have fixed it (or the G711 codecs - not sure).  All other settings are per CallCentric defaults.  I called ADT and they did get the tests and I sent a few more and all were received.

The panel still says comm failure but that is obviously in error.  ADT suggests manually tripping the alarm in full and says it will reset thereafter. Would be too loud right now.

Hopefully this at least serves to document the system details and solution.

Rick

Lack of reliability makes it a no go for me.  Initially I added an Internet solution, but it was way beyond my monitoring company's technical ability, so I switched to cellular.  Costs $12 more a month, but very reliable.

Jay4

Rick - I like that idea.  Are you using similar hardware and ADT monitoring?  If so..... how?  Thanks.

Rick

As I said, I am using a cellular solution.  No ADT for me.