News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Won't Ring Two Obi Boxes???

Started by MFB867, December 09, 2014, 03:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFB867

I have an OBi100 in  Wisconsin and an Obi202 in Dallas. ObiTalk was used to configure both to the same Google Voice account. Both are shown as "connected" on the ObiTalk dashboard. Both can make outbound calls. However, when an inbound call comes in, the Dallas phone rings and the Wisconsin phone does not. It was my understanding that both should ring, and whichever picks up would get the call. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

SteveInWA

Nope.

OBi 200-series boxes support multiple-device connection to GV, but OBi 1xx boxes do not.

azrobert

In your OBi202
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
Change it from the default "ph" to:
ph,pp(200123456)

SPn is the SP where GV is defined
Change 200123456 to the OBi number of your OBi100
The above will send the inbound call to the OBi202 Phone Port #1 and to the OBi100

MFB867

How could I possibly have known that the 101 box would not support a multiple device GV connection. Is that documented anywhere? I would have bought another 202 box if I had known.

azrobert: I tried to fork the inbound call as you suggested. The results are weird. It works correctly for exactly ONE call. After that, the auto-attendant answers and asks the caller to press 1 to continue the call. When 1 is pressed, the OBI101 phone rings.  This behavior continues on subsequent calls. If I remove the X_InboundCallRoute parameter the OBI system reverts to its former behavior - no ring on the 101.

What's going on???

Thanks

azrobert

I'm surprised it worked once.
The OBi202 is in the Circle of Trust, so the call gets routed to the Auto Attendant.

In your OBi100 set the OBiTalk Service back to the default.
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

azrobert

Quote from: MFB867 on December 09, 2014, 07:28:04 PM
I would have bought another 202 box if I had known.

The OBi200 will also work.
It has recently been on sale twice for $30 at Newegg.
Don't know when or if it will be on sale again.

MFB867

I set the InboundCallRoute on the OBI100 to ph, as you suggested.

No luck - calls are still being routed to the AA.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

azrobert

Are you changing the correct inbound route?
It's the OBiTalk inbound route, not the GV inbound route.

MFB867

Yes, I'm on the ObiTalk page. I set the inbound route there. I haven't touched the GV (SP1) inbound route on the OBI100. It's still set to ph.

I notice that if I use either handset to call the other device with ObiTalk (using the speed dials automatically set up by the ObiTalk config system) I get the AA asking me to dial 1 to confirm the call. That's the same message I get when I use inbound call forking on the Obi 202. Is that a clue? Why don't the Obitalk calls go through directly?

azrobert

Please check the OBi100's OBiTalk inbound route.
Did it revert back to what it was before making the change?
Do you use the local interface or OBiTalk to make configuration changes?

giqcass

I just did this successfully about a month ago.  Let me reiterate what Azrobert suggested with a few small additions.  The Obi202 forwards the call but the AA settings we need to fix are on the Obi100.  I will Assume you are configuring your Obi100 at http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/

In the advanced settings under "Voice Services" >>>> "OBiTALK Service" >>>> "InboundCallRoute" you should have ph in the text field. The following 2 options should both be unchecked to the right of "InboundCallRoute".
Device Default unchecked
OBiTALK Settings unchecked

Submit at the bottom of the page.  In most cases this will cause your Obi to reboot.  I have however found that in rare cases the Obi does not get the message for some reason.  As a precaution reboot the Obi 100 to make sure the changes will take effect.
Long live our new ObiLords!

MFB867

OK - not sure what was going wrong last night, but now it works. The phone rings in both places and you can pick it up in either one. Maybe it was the reboot; not sure that was happening but now I forced it.

Thanks to everybody that helped!