News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 200 AA Not Answering Call from Trusted Obi 200

Started by pracom, December 23, 2014, 12:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pracom

I have added my OBi 200 device number as a trusted caller on another OBi 200, but whenever I place a call directly (using **9), the AA does not answer and the line just rings.  However, the AA will answer whenever I call using a regular trusted phone number.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

azrobert

Trusted Callers are for regular phone numbers.
You need Circle of Trust for OBi numbers.

I hate using these wizards.
All you need is to add the following to the receiving OBi200:
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: {510123456:aa},

Change 510123456 to your OBi200's OBi number.

If the only rule in the inbound route is "ph" change it to:
{510123456:aa},{ph}

I'm curious. What are you trying to accomplish?

pracom

Thanks for the prompt answer that fixed the issue!  I did not realize that their was a difference between the Circle of Trust and Trusted Callers.

The only reason I am using this method, at least for now, is that I don't have a VOIP service provider on the one OBi device whereas I do have one set up on the other (Google Voice), so it enables me to place calls.   I don't think that I can register the same Google number on two devices, but do you know if any other VOIP services permit registration on two different devices?

azrobert

Any 2 OBi devices can connect to the same GV account for outbound calls.
2 OBi2xx's can both receive calls.

Only one OBi will receive calls with any other combination of two OBi1xx and OBi2xx device (2 OBi1xx's or 1 OBi2xx and 1 OBi1xx).
You can setup special routing to send calls from the device that received the call to the other.

FYI, you don't need the AA to make outbound calls on another OBi.  It is a more complex setup.