News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI Attendant

Started by chaloner, March 01, 2015, 09:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaloner

I have an OBI202 and an OBI100 in two different countries. They are working just fine actually.

They have been calling each other using their SP1 phone numbers and it is working well. Both units are on the same Callcentric account and administered from one OBI Talk account.

They can be called directly with their OBI number using **9 yet before the outbound calls can proceed they must be confirmed by pressing "1" as it appears the OBI attendant manages this.

How can this be turned off? Both units are using the latest firmware. If I make changes via OBI Talk do the units have to be rebooted in order for the changes to take effect?

Any help would be gratefully welcomed.

Thank you.

azrobert

QuoteHow can this be turned off?
On both OBi's
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
ph

When you submit the change from OBiTalk, the change will be downloaded and the OBi will automatically re-boot.

QuoteThey can be called directly with their OBI number using **9
You should already have a speed dial setup to call the other OBi. Just dial the speed dial number. If you don't have a speed dial setup, define one for each OBi like this:
pp(200123456)
or

Change 200123456 to your OBi number.

chaloner

Thank you... I had first tried disabling the auto attendant and that did not work.

On the OBI100 when I modifed the inboundcallroute its default did change automatically to "ph". When I did the same thing on the OBI202 it changed it to "ph,ph2" as it is a dual line device. As I am only using a single service on both device I changed the "ph,ph2" to simply "ph". Would that be OK?

Thank you.

chaloner

Well that didn't work. Whether I use the speed dial or the **9 to call the other OBI I still get the attendant asking me to press "1" to continue the call...

Thanks again...

BigJim_McD

Quote from: chaloner on March 01, 2015, 10:16:41 AM
.... ....
On the OBI100 when I modifed the inboundcallroute its default did change automatically to "ph". When I did the same thing on the OBI202 it changed it to "ph,ph2" as it is a dual line device. As I am only using a single service on both device I changed the "ph,ph2" to simply "ph". Would that be OK?

chaloner,  Using ph or ph1 should work.  I have an OBi202 with a 2-Line phone attached and I changed: 

Voice Services  >  OBiTALK Service Settings  >   InboundCallRoute   ph2

On OBitalk, Speed Dial 2 has the OBiTalk # of my OBi202 in the format of:

When I dial Speed Dial:  2#  only "Phone-2" rings. 
I can answer without being prompted to enter a "1".
BigJimMcD

azrobert

Check the changes you made. Are they still there?

If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled