News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Deceptive Practice

Started by nmstough, December 17, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmstough

Today I received an email from Obi about the availability of the Obi 200 for $29.99 on Amazon.com.  I was away from my computer but at the first opportunity I tried to go online to order and they were all gone, only a couple hours after they were to be offered.  That's really deceptive to tempt your customers with a good deal and then basically withdraw it before one can act.  Its in really bad taste. 

N7AS

This was not deceptive as it was for a limited time. You can still get the OBi200 from newegg.com for $29.99 till Dec 21st.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Ansextra

Quote from: nmstough on December 17, 2014, 08:50:27 PM
Today I received an email from Obi about the availability of the Obi 200 for $29.99 on Amazon.com.  I was away from my computer but at the first opportunity I tried to go online to order and they were all gone, only a couple hours after they were to be offered.  That's really deceptive to tempt your customers with a good deal and then basically withdraw it before one can act.  Its in really bad taste. 
They made it quite clear in the email that there were limited quantities.  See below:
There is a limited number of OBi200 units available at this price, so get yours fast before they run out. Note: Prime Members will get access to the Lightning Deal at 4:30 pm Pacific.
NEWEGG:If you miss the above sale or want to give more people on your Christmas shopping list the smartest gift ever, go to Newegg.com from December 18th to 21st to get the OBi200 for $29.99 with free shipping. We do not have the promo code to share with you right now, but starting on December 18th, you can get it by going to Obihai's Facebook or Twitter feeds (Links at the bottom of this newsletter).

zorlac

Try NewEgg, I bought one this morning for $30.

Rosemot

Got mine too this afternoon for $30.00 with free shipping from Newegg. :)

drgeoff

At least you have some chance of benefiting from these offers.  Unlike the not insignificant number of those receiving the email who do not reside in the US.  >:(

LTN1

The OP defames Obihai when he didn't read properly. Even though he could still get a second chance purchase for the sale price of $29.99 at Newegg with free shipping, he stands "stupidfied" in silence, without an apology to Obihai.

I know that if I ever see an "mmstough" asking for help on this forum, I would ignore ungrateful people like that.

ceg3

No good deed goes unpunished. ;D

mykmayk

əʞɪɯ mɪke