News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Keypad entry information getting jumbled?

Started by 0wls, December 21, 2014, 09:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0wls

I am not sure if it's related to my phone, my provider (Future Nine), or my ObiTalk device, and wanted to ask before I go out and buy a new phone or Obi.

When I try to use the keypad to enter information, like my voicemail PIN or an account number to pay a bill, it keeps saying I am entering the wrong numbers, even though they are 100% accurate. This is happening EVERYWHERE. It started about 2 weeks ago. I'm confused, because when I dial a phone number, it works fine, which leads me to believe it is not my phone, but the service or my Obi messing something up when transmitting the data.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, what is the solution?

I would appreciate any help, as this has become maddening.

azrobert

Try changing the DTMF Method on the Future 9 trunk.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X General -> DTMFMethod: RFC2833

If this doesn't work, try the other setting options.

Mango

This can probably be solved by changing your DTMFMethod which may be found within Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> General.  I like to use RFC2833.  If that doesn't work, try Inband.  If neither of those solve the problem, I suggest you ask Future-Nine for assistance.

If you use OBiTALK to configure your device, you may need to use OBi Expert Configuration to make this change.

In case it's useful in testing, (804) 222-1111 will echo back your DTMF key presses.

Edit: azrobert types faster than I do.  :)

0wls

You guys are great.

Changing it to RFC2833 did not work, but changing it to InBand worked.

Thank you both so much!