News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Want fast busy when SIP provider is down

Started by robi99, January 14, 2015, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robi99

I am using my OBI/Google Voice device as the primary line for my alarm system, but I also have a cellular modem that works when the primary line is down. The problem is, the cellular modem will only take over if there is no dial tone on the primary line. The problem is that OBI seems to always have a dial tone.

I have an OBI 200, and I see a setting for ToneOnPrimaryServiceDown which sounds like the correct option, but when I set this option to "No Tone" it does not seem to make any difference.

After changing the setting I tried testing it by unplugging the Ethernet cable, but I still had a dial tone.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the OBI to have no dial tone when the Service Provider is down?

drgeoff

You may not be waiting long enough.  I suspect the OBi does not immediately sense that the Primary Line SP is down.  Maybe only at periodic SIP re-registration time.

If you reboot with ethernet disconnected do you get the expected 'no tone'.

AlanB

Doesn't an Obi always generate a dial tone?  You can get one when there is no connection.

MurrayB

I have always had a dial tone from the Obi then received a no service message of some sort if the call could not be transported.