News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi wifi setup won't connect to the internet

Started by Angelc19, December 26, 2014, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelc19

Won't connect to the internet??
"Connected the OBiWiFi adapter to the OBi3xx or OBi2xx USB port and power on the OBi device. Then did From a WiFi enabled device, e.g. computer, tablet or smart phone, open its network settings and connect to a WiFi network called "OBiWiFi_Setup." Your browser-equipped device will automatically connect to the OBiWiFi_Setup network."
It connected to the OBI Setup but that won't connect to the internet.
What did I do wrong??

azrobert

Change the following settings to match your wireless router.
OBiWiFi Configuration -> WiFi Settings -> Access Point 1:
SSID
Password

drgeoff

Quote from: Angelc19 on December 26, 2014, 04:58:39 AM
Won't connect to the internet??
"Connected the OBiWiFi adapter to the OBi3xx or OBi2xx USB port and power on the OBi device. Then did From a WiFi enabled device, e.g. computer, tablet or smart phone, open its network settings and connect to a WiFi network called "OBiWiFi_Setup." Your browser-equipped device will automatically connect to the OBiWiFi_Setup network."
It connected to the OBI Setup but that won't connect to the internet.
What did I do wrong??
Can you give a link to the instructions you are quoting from?

azrobert

I never saw that link.
I hard wired my OBi to the router to be able to access the configuration then changed the settings in my last post.

Angelc19

azrobert

Quote from: Angelc19 on December 26, 2014, 08:57:57 AM
So, their instructions are incorrect?

Since I setup my OBi differently I can't answer your question.

It looks like you completed step 2.
Did you do steps 3 and 4?

Angelc19

"Your browser-equipped device will automatically connect to the OBiWiFi_Setup network. " This is the last part of #2
This never happens became it won't connect to the internet??
Thanks for the help.

azrobert

Step 2 you are connecting your computer to the OBi using your local network.
If you check your computer wireless adapter it should show connected to network OBiWiFi_Setup.

Step 3 you are signing into the OBi.

Step 4 you are updating the wireless parms.
Now you should be connected to the internet.

Angelc19

Quote from: azrobert on December 26, 2014, 10:31:53 AM
Step 2 you are connecting your computer to the OBi using your local network.
If you check your computer wireless adapter it should show connected to network OBiWiFi_Setup.   

................Here shows not connected to the internet, but shows connected to OBIWIFI setup.................

Step 3 you are signing into the OBi...............can't not connected................

Step 4 you are updating the wireless parms.
Now you should be connected to the internet.

Angelc19

I used The LAN method and got it up.
Thanks again

camara25

HI all,

I just got the ObiWifi and tried to set it up on my obi200. Long story short.....the instructions given to set the ObiWifi up don't work. I had to set it up by connecting directly to the router via Ethernet. I manually entered the Ip Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNSserver1 values in wifi settings and disabled autoprovisioning with Obitalk as it was always overriding the wifi settings.

Now I am finally able to receive calls while on the ObiWifi connection, but I cannot make any outgoing calls. when I dial out a number a message comes on saying "the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider". Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it???

Thanks

eswensen

Camara25,

I did what you said and manually entered the IP address, etc.  This finally activated my USB wifi dongle and I was able to set up the dongle, but couldn't make/receive phone calls.  I realized that the LAN IP address and wifi can't use the same IP address, so I manually removed the IP address and rechecked the default box.  This seemed to fix the problem and I can know make/receive phone calls by using wifi.