News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What phone do you use?

Started by ColoradoVOIP, January 01, 2015, 04:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColoradoVOIP

With all of this talk about different service providers I thought I would ask another type of question...

What physical phone do you use with your OBI device and what type of the user are you? (E.g. Home user or business user?)

drgeoff

Your OBi will work with any ordinary, analogue, Touch-Tone phone.

I've been using DECT phones for 15 years.

MurrayB

I have used an old Western Electric 1A2 key System (mechanical) and Panasonic Dect 6 cordless equally successfully.

Taoman

Panasonic and AT&T DECT 6.0 cordless phones.

nsne

I use a set of Panasonic KX-TGA641 DECT 6.0 phones (about five years old).

I'm a home and home office user, which is why a device like the OBi is great. I have two GV lines — one home, one work — and have configured different rings for them so I know which incoming calls are private and which are work-related.

Lavarock7

I currently use a Panasonic DECT 6.0 KX-TGE270 cordless base with 5 remotes. I chose this because it was on sale at Costco at the time and had Bluetooth cell. Bluetooth cell allows me to link my cellphone to the phone base so that if the cellphone is nearby, it will also ring the cordless phones. The cellphone charges about 10 feet away from he base. I could add a second Bluetooth if I wanted.

When the cellphone rings I can see that it is a call on the cell by looking at the handset. I can also make a call from the handsets and choose whether it goes out through the OBI or through the cellphone.

The unit also has a built-in answering machine, which I don't use.

I have also successful used a Uniden DECT 6.0 base with a couple of remotes but I started having range problems.

You have to define "business" for me. :-) I have multiple "businesses" but little telephone business. I have probably 16 or more telephone numbers around the world, mostly because they were free. Most come in through Voip.Ms and eventually end up at the Obi.

My call volume is quite small but I enjoy playing with the technology. I used to play quite a lot with telephones and lines. I once used a couple of .1 mf capacitors to join 2 phone lines and dialed "O" on both at the same time. It was funny to hear 2 Operators talk to each other.

My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

corporate_gadfly

2 vTech DECT cordless phones for port 1 (2 handsets) and port 2 (1 handset). Cordless base stations are next to the Obi (my cable modem/router are in the basement). My original house phone wiring is sitting unused.

I have distinctive ring pattern for local calls (freephonline.ca) vs. Google Voice, so I can tell the calls apart.

Home user.

LeoKing

I am using Panasonic DECT 6.0, Uniden DECT 6.0 and V-Tech DECT 6.0.

Ostracus

Quote from: Lavarock7 on January 01, 2015, 11:18:52 AM
I currently use a Panasonic DECT 6.0 KX-TGE270 cordless base with 5 remotes. I chose this because it was on sale at Costco at the time and had Bluetooth cell. Bluetooth cell allows me to link my cellphone to the phone base so that if the cellphone is nearby, it will also ring the cordless phones. The cellphone charges about 10 feet away from he base. I could add a second Bluetooth if I wanted.

When the cellphone rings I can see that it is a call on the cell by looking at the handset. I can also make a call from the handsets and choose whether it goes out through the OBI or through the cellphone.

The unit also has a built-in answering machine, which I don't use.

I have also successful used a Uniden DECT 6.0 base with a couple of remotes but I started having range problems.

You have to define "business" for me. :-) I have multiple "businesses" but little telephone business. I have probably 16 or more telephone numbers around the world, mostly because they were free. Most come in through Voip.Ms and eventually end up at the Obi.

My call volume is quite small but I enjoy playing with the technology. I used to play quite a lot with telephones and lines. I once used a couple of .1 mf capacitors to join 2 phone lines and dialed "O" on both at the same time. It was funny to hear 2 Operators talk to each other.

What? No blue box? ;D