News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

where can I enable the option forward to Google chat?

Started by barca505, December 30, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barca505

I spent all night last night and this morning  today trying to configure my obi 101 . my big problem is that on my gv  under phones I don't have the option forward to  Google chat. I even create other accounts and still the same problem on my other accounts . can somebody help me please I'm about collapse .  ??? 

SteveInWA

Hi:

If you don't already have Google Chat set up, you need to do so.  Download the Google Voice and Video web browser plugin here:  https://www.google.com/tools/dlpage/hangoutplugin

Install the plugin.  If you are using Firefox or Safari browser, then you must "activate" or approve the browser to run the plugin, for security reasons.

Sign into Gmail, not Google Voice.  Look for your Chat avatar, midway down the left side of the Gmail inbox page.  It's either a generic head and shoulders or a photo you may have uploaded.  Click on it to make a phone call.  That will add the Chat forwarding destination to your Google Voice settings page.

barca505

if i give you my user and password would you help me . I just tried but still does not work ???

rob_o

Quote from: barca505 on December 30, 2014, 01:52:06 PM
if i give you my user and password would you help me . I just tried but still does not work ???

I initially had the same problem.  I logged into google voice and sent a text to my cell phone.  Then I sent a response.  Once I did that, the option to forward to chat was available.  Try that.

SteveInWA

Quote from: barca505 on December 30, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

Normally, I'd make some crabby remark, but since I am in such a celebratory mood for New Year's...

Sure.  PM me your user ID and password, and I'll see what's wrong and try to fix it for you.  Of course, you should change your password after we get things working.