News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 + FPL + Cellphone

Started by jumbovideo, January 03, 2015, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbovideo

So I currently have bought a key from freephoneline and it works fine the way it is with obi200. Now the thing is, I've tried using the same sip settings from FPL onto my cell phone (sony xperia z; android has sip settings) but I always get a 'server error'. I feel as if obi200 is only capable of handling 1 device incoming/outgoing only or do I need to configure obi200 such that my cell phone acts as a secondary line to use FPL?(but how? don't see any settings that relates to any mobile devices within the obitalk settings). Is my cell phone only capable of taking incoming/outgoing calls from obi200(trusted/favourite caller settings) and not directly from FPL?

edit: It shows on my cell phone that it is connected. I have the right settings and have tried the alternatives: http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/23120323-VoIP-Unlock-Key-Credentials

My router has UNnP enabled.

edit2: is this a fido thing?

edit3: Okay somehow after playing around a bit I was able to receive calls to my cell phone instead of my digital phone that is connected to obi200. But then afterwards I tried calling FPL to see which would ring and my cell phone would be the one and not my digital phone that is connected to obi200. After deleting the SIP account from my cell phone that was using FPL, I'm suddenly not able to call obi200 and it gives me a beep beep sound as if the line is busy now. So from what I can understand, somehow by configuring the setup onto my cell, I made it so that I'm only able to send outgoing calls with the digital phone and not incoming with FPL, and with cell phone using data i'm only able to receive calls with the FPL but not outgoing.

Am I able to configure OBI200 such that 2 devices can receive and call using the same service provider FPL? Or is it just 1 device per service provider on obi200. How do I restore back the defaults where my digital phone is the sender/receiver of FPL now?

edit4: boy it is good to learn on the fly here, all I needed was to delete the SP1 settings from obi200 and re-add to store back the defaults.

azrobert

Some providers only allow 1 device to be registered at any point in time. Some providers have sub-accounts, so you can register more than 1 device. I don't think FPL is one of them.

You can try installing the OBiON app on your cell. This app will allow you to make/receive calls to/from any provider defined on your OBi200. OBiON has not been updated for a long time, so a lot of people have problems with it.

You can install an SIP softphone on your cell and receive calls from your OBi200. If you have an Android you can use the CSipSimple softphone to make and receive calls. There is also a way to the OBi200's Auto Attendant to make calls.

giqcass

My biggest issue with Obion is that it does not seem to run in the background on Android.  If you don't mind a little extra setup I like both csipsimple and Sipdroid.  I find both to be reliable. 
Long live our new ObiLords!