News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Stopped Working

Started by H8245, January 08, 2015, 10:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H8245

I've had my OBi202 now for about one year. It is configured to use Google Voice. Early in October 2014 I updated the device firmware, and a couple of weeks later the device stopped working temporarily. I opened a support ticket (500208103), followed the steps as directed without success.

Per the support page I added the device IP to DMZ of my router, rebooted router and OBi202. Nothing. Could not dial **9 222 222 222 to reach the echo test.

I did a factory reset on the OBi202, removed the device from my Dashboard configuration, and attempted to setup as a new device. Nothing.

Since I had an existing OBi110, I reconnected it and configured it for my existing GV account.  However we have two GV accounts and we need to be able to two phone line simultaneously. Which is the reason we bought the OBi202.

After a couple of weeks of using the 110, I had a few hours to troubleshoot and decided to try the 202 again. Strangely enough I was able to connect the OBi202 and configure both out GV accounts. No changes were necessary on the router, and configuring the SP lines was done exactly the same as I had before. Thinking that maybe it was an issue with the firmware I did NOT update with the November 14th update. Since it was working properly I didn't want to risk the update.

Now January 8 2015, the OBi202 is not working again. Same symptoms as before. Dashboard shows offline.  I do not want to spend hours going through the troubleshooting to find out that those steps do not work. Has anyone else had similar issues and successfully resolved? Please describe in detail what steps you took in order to resolve.

Thank you,
Chuck

anm8tr

My 202 stopped working after running the last update a few days ago and I had to do a hard reset and reconfigure. It took the second time and is working good now.

H8245

Had a few minutes this evening to troubleshoot again. Followed then instructions to delete device from dashboard, hard reset, then add device back. This time it worked. I have no idea why it worked this time so easily, and not work the previous time.

These are the intructions for the process http://www.obihai.com/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset