News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help configuring Obi100, GV, Anveo E911 service

Started by jdarwin, January 21, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdarwin

I have an obi100.  I signed up with Anveo and used them for about a year (including E911 service).  I then learned about using Google for free voice calls and paying only Anveo for E911.  I changed my Anveo acct to FREE and linked my obi to use GV.  Here is my problem.  Calls are coming IN on GV but going OUT on Anveo. So I am getting charged for both E911 and OUT going calls by Anveo.  How do I use GV for both in/out calls and keep the Anveo E911?  As you can probably tell I am a newbie and would appreciate any advice/directions on resetting the Obi.  Thanks in advance for reading this post. 

202Owner

This may not help a newbie using OBiTALK.com, but I would do something like this:

SP1 GV digit map (Msp1):  permissible digits to be dialed/routed to sp1, except 911.

SP2 Anveo digit map (Msp2):  permissible digits to be dialed/routed to sp2, including ...|911|.

PLI Primary Line set to TG1 Trunk Group 1:  sp1,sp2

TG1 Trunk Group 1 digit map (Mtg1) = (Mpli):  ((Msp1)|(Msp2))

PH1 PHONE Port digit map:  (...|(Mpli))

PH1 PHONE Port outbound call route:  ...,{(Mpli):pli}

Also, set:
SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked (to speed up trunk group failover)
SP2 Service - SP2 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked (to speed up trunk group failover)

Calls will go out SP1 first as permitted by (Msp1)... generally all calls.  Calls will go out SP2 second as permitted by (Msp2).  911 is only permitted on SP2, so 911 calls will only go out on SP2.  If SP1 is down, outbound calls will failover to SP2.  GV for everything except 911; Anveo for 911 and failover.

azrobert

If you want a procedure a little less complicated:
From the dashboard click the gear symbol to the right of your OBi100.
Click the gear symbol to the right of GV.
Check the box next to "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls".
Save

sailing

azerbert's approach is the easiest. You will need to change a digi map to route 911 to Aveno otherwise it will go to the "primary" provider.

azrobert

I don't use OBiTalk to configure my OBi's and didn't know the above also changed 911. Make the following changes highlighted in Bold. The default DigitMap probably already has 911, but I included it just in case it doesn't. The following assumes Anveo is defined on SP1. Use OBi Expert to make the changes.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This is a general OBi Expert guide.
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable Obi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.

Click Obi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each setting
To change a setting uncheck the box under ObiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the setting
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

202Owner

SPn digit maps [should] default to ...|911|.  Ensure that it is so for Anveo and removed for GV.

If you set the Primary Line to Trunk Group 1, Trunk Group 1 defaults to sp1,sp2.  Ensure that GV is listed first.

The PHONE port digit map and outbound call route default to (...|(Mpli)) and ...,{(Mpli):pli}.  If ...|911| is present, remove it... 911 is already embedded in (Mpli).

If you are going to use Expert Mode, set:
TG1 Trunk Group 1 digit map (Mtg1) = ((Msp1)|(Msp2))
SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked (to speed up trunk group failover)
SP2 Service - SP2 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked (to speed up trunk group failover)

GV for everything except 911; Anveo for 911 and failover.

SteveInWA

This shouldn't require any user manipulation of digit maps or other rule changes at all.  It's standard, vanilla operation via the OBiTALK portal.  The portal allows you to select which service provider to use for outbound calls, and it has a check mark to designate which service provider to use for 911.  Once you do that, the portal itself updates the appropriate digit maps.

jdarwin

WOW!!!  ;D You guys are great.  Thanks all for the help.  I'll work on this over the weekend and report back my success or help needed next.