News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UKDDI Config Help Obi200

Started by GSD1, January 10, 2015, 05:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSD1

Hi

I am trying to configure UKDDI from https://www.3c.co.uk/ui/ on my OBi200 anyone now the config info please?

Thanks

drgeoff

The URL you gave provides no information to anyone who doesn't have an account.  Presumably you do have an account and know the details such as SIP server, authorised username and SIP password.

Are you configuring your OBi200 through its local webserver or via the Obitalk portal?

GSD1

Quote from: drgeoff on January 11, 2015, 11:29:48 AM
The URL you gave provides no information to anyone who doesn't have an account.  Presumably you do have an account and know the details such as SIP server, authorised username and SIP password.

Are you configuring your OBi200 through its local webserver or via the Obitalk portal?

Thanks drgeoff, yes I have an account and assigned UK phone number through UKDDI and have the SIP server username and SIP password but cannot configure the OBi200 through either the webserver or OBItalk portal.

Help much appreciated.

drgeoff

Does the OBi have a working connection to the internet?  Presumably yes if you are able to configure it via the portal.  Does dialling **9 222 222 222 reach the Obi echo test number?  That should work even without having UKDDI configured.

I realise you can't divulge your true account details here but please post generic forms of all the SIP account info you got from UKDDI.

GSD1

The Obi200 is connected to the internet as GV works fine.

This what SIP account information UKDDI provided:

To view allocated numbers, click on 'List' on the left-hand side. You can also edit number routings from here: click on the green arrow beside a number, and you're able to set number routing. There's three options:
•  sip:... - routing over SIP to a specified host, e.g. sip:442032982000@176.192.123.1
•  register - route to a client registered with us (see below)
•  fax:... - use as an inbound fax number, sending faxes to a specified e-mail address, e.g. fax:support@3c.co.uk

If you want your client to register with us, then you'll find the details you need in the 'Registration' window.

And, finally, if you want to control the way caller IDs are delivered, set a default DDI format for inbound calls, etc., then this is all to be found under 'Options'.
For firewall configs, calls delivered directly from us will come from 87.117.74.1 and/or 87.117.75.1.

SIP username:XXXXXX

Alternatively, just use the numeric part of the username (leave off the ukddi_ at the start) - some devices don't support underscores in SIP usernames.

SIP server:sip.ukddi.com

SIP password:XXXXX

SIP password must be at least 6 characters, chosen from: A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and the special characters !#$%&/()=?*_:.;,{}+-

Registration interval:45

Sets the number of seconds between client registrations. A value between 30 and 60 seconds may help to solve NAT-related problems; otherwise values of up to 3600 seconds can be used.

Send DDI in INVITE:

Set if you're using a platform which prefers to have the DDI in the INVITE, such as Asterisk and its derivatives.

Default route:

The default route is applied to newly allocated numbers. It can be any valid route; the tokens %C, %A and %N will be replaced by the country code, area code and rest of the called number respectively.

DDI format:+%C%A%N

The DDI format can be specified as above - the default (+%C%A%N) results in DDIs of the form +442032981234

drgeoff

Typically the only 3 pieces of info needed are:

1. SIP server - sip.ukddi.com goes in Service Providers/ITSP Profile B/SIP/Proxy Server
2. SIP account name - XXXXXX goes in Voice Services/SP2 Service/SIP Credentials/AuthUserName
3. SIP password - goes in Voice Services/SP2 Service/SIP Credentials/AuthPassword

Plus (maybe this is your problem):
Change Voice Services/SP2 Service/SP2 Service/X_ServProvProfile from the default 'A' to 'B'.

Above assumes you have GV on SP1 and want UKDDI on SP2.

If still not working what is shown at Status/System Status/SP2 Service Status (or whatever SP you are configuring for UKDDI)?

WelshPaul

I have a test account registered against my OBi1032 and it works just fine...

I have it registered against ITSP Profile F and SP6 Service so -

ITSP Profile F > SIP > ProxyServer: sip.ukddi.com

SP6 Service > X_ServProvProfile: F
SP6 Service > AuthUserName: 1234567
SP6 Service > AuthPassword: MY PASSWORD

Save and reboot!

If I go to Status > SP6 Service Status I can see my device has successfully registered and I'm ready to start receiving calls.

Regarding my 3c.co.uk account I have set:

Registration > Registration interval: 60
Registration > Send DDI in INVITE: Ticked
Registration > Caller ID type: UK
Registration > DDI format: UK

If you get some recorded message when attempting to call your DDI then:
List > YOUR DDI NUMBER > Edit > and under DDI - edit number routing > Route: register then click on create.

Your OBi should now ring when someone calls your DDI. (mine does)
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GSD1

UKDDI now has a status as registered in Obi200

When I dial the number it does not ring though?

Any advice?

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: GSD1 on January 25, 2015, 01:06:26 PM
UKDDI now has a status as registered in Obi200

When I dial the number it does not ring though?

Any advice?

Thanks
Not reaching your OBi or not ringing the phone connected to your Obi?

If you are getting ringing tone on the calling phone, look at Status, Call History on the Obi's local web page to see if the call is shown or not.

GSD1

I can dial the UKDDI phone number and hear it ringing on my callout phone but does not ring on the Obi nor does it show up on the status, call history on the obi local webpage.

I am in Canada and I asked my parents in the UK to call my UKDDI number and they get the same issue

WelshPaul

Did you do the following on your UKDDI account:

List > YOUR DDI NUMBER > Edit > and under DDI - edit number routing > Route: register then click on create.

(Type the word register in the route perameter field)

I have an Obi200 in a draw somewhere, can dust it down and setup an account on it later. If I got it to work on on the Obi1032 ok I see no reason why it wouldn't work just fine on the Obi200.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

Just an update, got it working again using the above steps on an Obi200.

See here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=1065#p1065

Also tested it again on my Obi1032 and it worked just fine on that device also.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GSD1

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 27, 2015, 04:55:49 AM
Just an update, got it working again using the above steps on an Obi200.

See here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=1065#p1065

Also tested it again on my Obi1032 and it worked just fine on that device also.

Oops the UKDDI number rings but I cannot hear the caller on the other side calling in?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

GSD1

Btw the number is registered in Obi and UKDDI

WelshPaul

You initially said it works, did it ever work?

What your saying is that when someone calls your UKDDI number the telephone attached to your Obi rings but when you answer the call you cannot hear the caller? Can they hear you?

When you reboot the Obi and call your number do you get the same issue or does it appear after a period of time?

Most one way sound problems are caused by firewalls restricting incoming connections. For hardware phones the firewall issues are always found in the router.

Check the stats to see if your capturing the RTP packets coming in.

EDIT: One thing I noticed is that I forgot to say is that the RegisterExpires parameter needs to be changed from 3600 to 60. I just tested an inbound call and it worked just fine for me so if the problem persists for you after you make the change below we will need to look at your NAT/Firewall.

Service Providers> SIP > ITSP Profile A > RegisterExpires: 60

Give that a try and report back.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GSD1

UKDDI line never worked for voice calls phone does ring when the UKDDI number is called. When I pick up the handset no one can hear anything. All I hear is the UKDDI number ringing on the dial out phone even when the call is answered.

The registerexpires is set at 60 on the Obi and UKDDI profile.

No improvement after rebooting the Obi or modem. I have Google Voice and Freephoneline.ca working okay on SP1 and SP2.

WelshPaul

I have found the problem, please log into your UKDDI account and remove the tick from the 'Send DDI in INVITE:' box located at 3c > Numbers > registration.

I added this to my setup as I run an asterisk server. It went right over my head that the average user may be just connecting directly via their IP phone or adapter. Sorry
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GSD1

Still getting the same problem UKDDI number rings once the phone is picked up I cannot hear anyone but the UKDDI still keeps ringing. Once the UKDDI phone ends the dial tone returns.

I removed the tick mark from send DDI invite

WelshPaul

Wow I was sure I nailed it with that fix! I had no audio either way with Send DDI in INVITE enabled when registering directly bypassing my PBX. Disabling it fixed that.

OK well from here on in we have two choices:

1. Factory reset the device and set it back up locally as per: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=417 and test again before configuring anything else. (You can backup your device prior to resetting)

2. You setup port forwarding on your router just in case it's a firewall problem.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GSD1

Tried a reset configuration and then set it up locally as per your ukvoip setup but I get the same problem.

This is the status for UKDDI:
Registered (server=87.117.68.12:5060; expire in 38s)(UAP:5062)

I can use FPL and GV on SP 1 and SP 2