News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming call to Freephoneline.ca (service provider) number is not ringing

Started by curt00, January 12, 2015, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curt00

I just set up the Obihai 202 successfully with Google Voice set up as SP1 for "Phone 2" port.

I bought the "SIP Unlock Key" from freephoneline.ca (an approved VoIP service provider) and set up the freephoneline.ca number as SP2 for "Phone 1" port.

I have an old Nortel 3-line analog phone.  I connected a phone cable from Obihai's "Phone 1" port into Nortel's line 1.  I can make outgoing calls successfully from Nortel's line 1.  However, when I receive calls on Nortel's line 1 (Obihai's "Phone 1" port), there is no caller ID.  How do I get the caller ID to work?

If I connect a cable from Obihai's "Phone 2" port (Google Voice) to Nortel's line 2, the line does not work and the green LED light on the Obihai for phone port 2 is flashing.  What is bizarre is that when I disconnect the cable from Nortel's line 2 (and from Obihai's "Phone 2" port), Google Voice works on Nortel's line 2.  What is causing this?

I'm wondering if the above will cause problems for me when I do the following:

Eventually, I will port my analog phone number to freephoneline.ca, get a "SIP Unlock Key" for it, set it up as SP3 on Obihai's "Phone 2" port, connect a cable from "Phone 2" port to my Nortel's line 3.  Will this work?