News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 does not show callerID on phone

Started by ValP, January 13, 2015, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValP

Hello,
I am using OBI200. on one of accounts I have strange problem. with tektalk from teksavvy, I am not getting caller ID on phone. If I look into call history, the number is there, but not on phone.
digimap as default, except no automatic adding 1:
original is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
modified is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

on another accounts with voip.ms and google I am getting number on phone.
If I switch back to my older SPA2102, the number shows up on phone. So, phone is working, provider is fine, but...

any help please

drgeoff

The digitmap has no bearing on received CallerID.

Grasping at a straw, what do you have for X_InboundCallRoute under Voice Services/SPx Service (where SPx is the one you have configured for teksavvy).

Anything strange about the numbers you see in Call History?  Extra characters, non-number characters, unusual formatting etc?

ValP

on X_InboundCallRoute I have: ph and Default selected.
Same on Google and voip.ms
on call history nothing strange, some numbers with names, some without

azrobert

Is your phone connected directly to the OBi?
I had the same problem with a landline connected to an OBi110.
The landline was connected to a Fax and the OBi110 line port was connected to the phone port on the fax.
The callerid showed in the call history, but not on the phone.
If I connected the phone directly to the fax, the callerid would show.
I circumvented the problem by connecting both the fax and OBi directly to the landline using a splitter.

ValP

I have my phone connected directly to OBI
I have two phones connected to OBI using splitter. Tried to remove one, then switch - no CID:-(

SteveInWA

This might be caused by either the caller ID protocol being set incorrectly on the OBi, or on the telephone.  In the USA, the method is FSK (Frequency Shift Keying), also known as Bell 202.  I assume it's the same in Canada.

You can confirm this setting on the Phone Port section of the Physical Interfaces settings page.

If you've selected some non-default ring cadence (the pattern or duration of ringing), you may have created a problem with the telephone receiving the CID information after the first ring.  Try factory-resetting your OBi to clear any settings you may have altered.

Some phones, notably Panasonic, don't reliably handle caller ID.  Your phone may also have a setting for the caller ID method.  If so, make sure it is set to the same method as the OBi.

ValP

SteveInWA
yes, in Canada is the same method and in the setting I have FSK
once again, other two accounts are just fine with the same set of hardware.

ValP

Hi All,
not sure what problem I had.
at some point I did a hard reset, all fresh setup and... voila, CID is working normal, on all accounts.
I guess some glitch. I do not like those kind of solutions - if tomorrow it will stop showing, I would do it again... Hope not