News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialed number yields "We Cannot Complete Your Call – Please Try Again" message

Started by EAK0, June 17, 2016, 02:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAK0

Sometimes when I place a call, particularly to 800 numbers and always when I press "redial", an automated message says "We Cannot Complete Your Call – Please Try Again." I am using an OBi200 with an A T & T model CL4940 phone, which I've previously used without having this problem while connected to two other VoIP carriers. What can I do to place calls without having to repetitively dial the phone numbers?

drgeoff

That sounds like an announcement from your ITSP, not from the OBi device itself.

You can check what numbers your OBi is sending to your ITSP.

Dial ***1 and listen for your OBi's IP address to be read out to you.  Point a browser at that address and login. 'admin' and 'admin' are the default username and password.

On the left hand side, click on 'Status', then on 'Call History'.  Numbers are shown in the rightmost column.

Taoman

Quote from: EAK0 on June 17, 2016, 02:27:28 PM
What can I do to place calls without having to repetitively dial the phone numbers?

I'm guessing when you call the 800 number there is an IVR and you have to press additional digits to route your call? If so, that is your problem. When you hit redial you are sending those extra digits and the DMP can't match it to anything in your digitmap so the call fails.

This should fix it:

Assuming your Primary Line is SP1.
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Change rule 1xxxxxxxxxx to be 1xxxxxxxxxxS0

Note: above solution provided by azrobert. I just ain't that smart.  ;)