News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring Back

Started by xsor, January 19, 2015, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsor

Once in while but 5-6 times a day, Obi202 is ringing (back) after I hang up for no more than three times. If I pick up it stops. I can't establish a pattern but it is really annoying and everybody in the office looks at me like I'm crazy...  ???

SteveInWA

That suggests to me that you've created a calling loop, such that two inbound calls are simultaneously ringing your OBi, creating a call waiting condition during your call.  After you hang up, the waiting call rings your OBi, until it recognizes that the other party hung up (from your actual call).

You didn't provide any details about how your OBi is configured (which service provider(s) are you using, and if it's Google Voice, how you are using GV -- either directly, or having inbound calls forward to a SIP ITSP).

xsor

I'm using ring.to and it is always happening after outbound calls. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Humph, that's odd.  So, this only happens on outbound calls, not inbound calls?  If so, I have no idea; perhaps one of the ring.to users here will either have seen this, or have an educated guess.

In the ancient days of POTS lines, sometimes the ringer would blip after hanging up, because the line voltage going back up to the on-hook level would cause a brief voltage spike.  But, three rings is odd...it sounds like a bug on the ring.to side.

xsor

I think I know when it happens: if I don't leave a message on the answering machine after the call is already connected but how should I fix this?

drgeoff

Is this the same Ring.to account you have a diferent problem with in your other thread?

xsor

Same one... C
Can it be the phone? Should I go out and by another one?

drgeoff

Quote from: xsor on January 20, 2015, 11:20:13 AM
Same one... C
Can it be the phone? Should I go out and by another one?
Your other problem (phone not ringing) is certainly not caused only by a faulty phone.  A faulty phone cannot be responsible for expected incoming calls not appearing in the OBi's Call History.