News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1100 UK. with 2 GV SP

Started by Jonknottuk, January 19, 2015, 01:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonknottuk

Hello, I am trying to set up my oBi device.
I have 2 GV Lines - Successfully configured.  However, I can't seem to get my dialling plan right.etc
I want to be able to dial UK numbers using the connected PSTN Line (without dialing **8) and dial 415 numbers to go out via SP1 917 etc via SP2,. Any advice please?

ianobi

Below is a very basic config, which should get you started. Note that I have changed the emergency numbers from 911 to 999|112|101|111. These will route directly out of the Line Port to PSTN.

The digit maps would route calls more quickly if you can give more exact information. For instance, do all 415 numbers have a format of ten digits? If so, then change where I have used 415xx.S3 to 415xxxxxxx – the purpose of the digit maps is always to try and get the closest to an exact match of the number format as possible.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|999|112|101|111|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999|112|101|111):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
((<**1>(Msp1))|(<**2>(Msp2))|0[4568]xx.S3|0[123]xxxxxxxxx|07[1-9]xxxxxxxx|116xxx|xx.S3)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(415xx.S3)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(917xx.S3)

Do you wish to include local dialling via the Line Port? If so you need to specify the number range and is the format 6,7 or 8 digits long?

You would benefit by making some basic changes to your other Line Port settings to match the OBi110 with UK PSTN line characteristics.  Start with these:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > RingProfile: B
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime: 80
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > DialDigitOffTime: 80
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > PSTN Disconnect Detection > DetectFarEndLongSilence: uncheck
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > ACImpedance: 370+(620||310nF)
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: FSK(V.23)

Also, Phone Port settings:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Ringer > RingFrequency: 25
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > Impedance: 320+(1050||230nF)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDMethod: FSK(V.23)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDTrigger: Before First Ring

There are others, but that's maybe enough for now!

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

Jonknottuk

Thank you Both,

Yes I had read the guide, but to be honest Im not very technical minded and it blinded me somewhat!

Thank you  Ian for the easy set up for noobs such as me.
yes, I would like to place calls using the Line Port:
1571|1471|118xxx|0208XXXXXXX|0207xxxxxxx|0XXXXXXXXX|999|0800x.x|

right now, i get (A Google voice prompt" we are unable to place the call") and each time i save config, the phone rings?

Really appreciate all your guidance on this.

drgeoff

Are you getting the GV prompt:

1. When you try to dial any call?

2.  Only when you dial 415 numbers?

3. Only when you dial 917 numbers?

4. Only when you dial 415 or 917 numbers?

5.  Only when you dial 'UK' numbers?

When you said you had the two GV SPs configured OK, did that include being able to make calls on them?

Jonknottuk

Hi, 

I get the GV Prompt only when I dial a UK Number.

ianobi

I suspect that when you set up your GV accounts one of them is set to "Primary Line". This means that any number dialled without ** codes will try to use that account. In my post I set:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

This means that all digits will first be sent to the Line Port DigitMap, then those defined in Msp1 and Msp2 will be redirected as you require to your GV accounts.

There's no need to put 999 etc into the Line Port DigitMap as all emergency calls will be directed directly to PSTN using this rule {(<#:>|999|112|101|111):li} in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.