News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound Caller ID and Name on Circlenet

Started by MacrossFX, December 19, 2014, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacrossFX

Trying to figure out if I can do this.

I'm trying to set both the outbound Caller ID Name and from my obi100.  I can set the Caller ID Name in the CallerIDName field and that shows up fine but my number ends up being my user id.

Specifying the caller id number in the OutboundCallRoute (e.g. {(Msp2):sp2(12345678>$2)}) however does not work.  This is because circlenet needs the proper user id in the FROM header to authorize otherwise I get 403's.

Circlenet has its own number override in their portal but it also overwrites the name with the number.

Is there a way from obi to do what I want and set both the name and number working around these limitations?

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello MacroosFX,
Please open a ticket with us here at CircleNet and let us know what name and number you would like us to pass for you. Then we can setup the override on your account to always display a certain callerID name and number regardless of what your Obi sends us. This requires us to do some behind the scenes configuration on your account and isn't yet an option in the portal.

Thanks
Sam from CircleNet