News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIHA 200 Anveo E911 Service Not Configured

Started by RonM, January 04, 2015, 02:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonM

I have recently configured Anveo E911 service on SP2 using GV on SP1.  After going through the configuration process, the Anveo E911 service on SP2 has a status of Service Not Configured.  If I dial 933, I get a response with my address.  It seems like it is working but the "Service Not Configured" seems to be saying it is not.

I searched for related topics but I could not find anything related to this problem.  Any ideas?  Since it seems to be working should I just leave it alone?

ceg3

I would be greatly tempted to delete SP2 and work on setting it back up until it shows registered.

Having said that I see in this section of the forum at least one other person reporting a similar issue, so you might be OK and your OBi will eventually show the correct/actual status.

SteveInWA

This could either be a bogus indication, or a truly-non-functional service provider issue.

There were some issues (again) with the OBiTALK portal over the weekend, resulting in some people seeing errors on their SP slots, when viewed from the portal.  The indications were incorrect, though -- the portal simply wasn't getting updated by the device.

So, I suggest checking your device status in both places; here, for the portal:  http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

and also on the local web page interface, accessible via the device's IP address (call ***1 on your phone to hear the IP address).

If the local web interface shows that the service is Registered, but the portal doesn't, then it's the portal bug.  If both places show that it isn't registered, then you have a service provider issue you will need to troubleshoot with your service provider (Anveo).

I'd also recommend power-cycling the OBi and giving it a few minutes before you look on the two web pages.

RonM

This did seem to be a temporary problem.  Without any actions on my part, the problem seems to have resolved itself.  The service is now saying registered.

since83

Same exact problem as original poster.  Anveo E911 sign-up seemed to go normally and 933 test is successful, but SP2 service shows as not configured.  It has been about 8 hours since I established the service.  Is anything actually wrong?  Will something change?

since83

And like the earlier poster, after a day the service now shows as registered on the ObiTalk portal.  I guess all OK now.