News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google voice authentication error

Started by HackCanton, January 20, 2015, 06:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HackCanton

I know this has been discussed time and time again on the forums.  Here  is my situation.  I have 2 obi110's 1 works perfect from my house the other (different google account) will not authenticate.  I HAD 2 factor authentication setup but have even removed that from google.  I have reset the obi. Deleted everything from obitalk and re-added everything several times.  Same issue.  I have modified the DNS section under expert/networking to 8.8.8.8.  Same issue.  I am completely stuck here as to what to do next.  As it stands I have the obi connected to the exact same cat5 cable as the working one was connected to and get nothing but authentication error.  Can anyone tell me where else to even look?

SteveInWA

What do you mean by "Google Voice authentication error", exactly?  When, in the process of adding a GV number to the OBi, does this happen?

Unplug the working OBi from power, and leave it unplugged while you do this:

Follow these instructions, and report back what happens, in detail, when you attempt to set up the other, failing OBi:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Note that you cannot use two OBi 110 units at the same time, to log into the same GV account.

HackCanton

ok let me try this again..  I factory reset my obi.  I deleted my device in the portal.  I readded my device by making the phone call to **5 4numbers.  This part works..  Then I add my google voice.  It pops up the window. I confirm to use that google voice account.. Then I plug in my Obi and after a couple minutes the portal says...

SP1 Google VoiceBacking Off (0s): Authentication error

If I try and make a phone call a voice comes on and says "there is no service to complete your call.

I have done the above 3 times now.  Same result

drgeoff

Did you follow to the lettter the instructions you were pointed to?

SteveInWA

Quote from: HackCanton on January 20, 2015, 11:18:05 PM
ok let me try this again..  I factory reset my obi.  I deleted my device in the portal.  I readded my device by making the phone call to **5 4numbers.  This part works..  Then I add my google voice.  It pops up the window. I confirm to use that google voice account.. Then I plug in my Obi and after a couple minutes the portal says...

SP1 Google VoiceBacking Off (0s): Authentication error

If I try and make a phone call a voice comes on and says "there is no service to complete your call.

I have done the above 3 times now.  Same result

Your reply is ambiguous.  I told you to unplug the other (apparently working) OBi, and do the procedure on the one that didn't work.  Did I misunderstand you, or do you not have one that works, and the other doesn't work?

It should be easy to use the two devices, one at a time, to narrow down the issue:  is it the Google account, or is it the OBi box..

HackCanton

The working obi is not plugged in..  I am NOT trying to use 2 at the same time.  I am trying to setup the new one at  my shop.  I have a strange firewall setup there and thought that might be the issue so I took it home and plugged it in where my home obi is.  I was just using my home network as a test to see if it was a network problem at my shop.. but since my home obi works 100% of the time but the new one I am trying to setup does not work from my home it has to be something else.

And Yes I followed the instructions "to the letter"...  I even logged into a third account.. (the one the "new" obi used to be connected to and tried to connect it BACK to that account.  Same error..  This WAS working at one point in time (a year ago)

SteveInWA

With two of the same model OBi devices, at home, plug in only the working one, and confirm that it indeed works with Google Voice, and note the GV account to which it is authenticated.  Unplug it.  Plug in the other OBi.  Go through the setup procedure and configure it to the same account.  If it doesn't work, then you've done something different with the configuration of the two boxes; GV couldn't care less which OBi is connecting.  In particular, compare the firmware level of the two OBi units, and make sure they're they're at the latest available level, 2872.  If not, update them accordingly.

HackCanton

ok so I factory reset the "new obi" and connected to the same google voice account that the other obi is connected to.  I get authentication error backing off.   The old obi is still connected and working perfect..  so it HAS to be something with this obi..  It is on the latest firmware 2872..

SteveInWA

Well then, if it's less than a year old, open a support ticket with Obihai.  If it's more than a year old, throw it out.