News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls with GV not working

Started by DR_MN, February 04, 2015, 03:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_MN

In GV phone settings I have a landline number, a cell phone number and Google Chat.  I am currently porting out my landline number so I unchecked it as a forwarding phone.  I also unchecked the cell phone number as a forwarding phone.  I only have Google Chat checked as a forwarding phone.

I have my Obi100 set up with Google Voice.  I can make outgoing calls but incoming calls to the GV number ring my cell phone.  It's not checked as a forwarding phone so I don't know why it's ringing.  When I originally set up GV years ago I set it up using my landline.  My current provider is forwarding my landline number to my cell phone while the porting is in process.  Since I also unchecked that number I don't know why GV would try to forward to my landline.

I tried deleting and re-adding Google Chat, I tried logging out of chat in Gmail, I tried going in to advanced setting and selecting the landline and cell to never ring on weekdays or weekends but nothing worked.  When calling my GV number only my cell phone is ringing. 

Any other suggestions??

azrobert

Do you have your cell or landline setup in Google Contacts?

In you GV account under Settings/Groups and Circles, edit all the Groups and only check Google Chat as a forwarding number.

DR_MN

in Groups & Circles it did have my cell phone number as a forward to callers.  I've never been in that setting so it must be a default when you add a mobile phone number?  I changed it to the Google Talk option.  Hopefully, that will fix it.  Thanks for your help.

DR_MN

yes, this did work.  My phone just rang on an incoming call. 

SteveInWA

Glad you got it working. 

For future reference, you've been posting duplicate questions here and on the Google Voice help forum.  Questions that are primarily related to basic GV functions not working, are best addressed over on the GV forum, whereas OBi-specific issues (general connectivity to service providers, suspected hardware failures, non-GV use, etc.) are better addressed here.