News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Replacing Google Voice with VoIP.ms on Obi110

Started by Agent88, January 28, 2015, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent88

I am porting my landline number to Voip.ms and when complete I want to configure my 110 with voip.ms as the primary number.  Currently, I have GV as SP1 and using a GV number.  To swap GV with voip.ms, all I need to do is delete the current SP1 and then re-configure with voip.ms, right?

Taoman

Correct. But if SP2 isn't being used you could just add it there and keep Google Voice on SP1 for free outbound calls if you wished. Or to receive inbound calls to your GV number.

Edit: I assume you know voip.ms has a current promotion going on for DIDs that ends Feb 1st? So if you want to get the promotional rates you need to start the porting process before Feb 1st.

MurrayB

I think that you will like VOIP.ms. I switched from Google Voice a little over a year ago.

colleenz

Quote from: MurrayB on January 28, 2015, 12:43:24 PM
I think that you will like VOIP.ms. I switched from Google Voice a little over a year ago.

With the excellent help from one of the moderators, I too am using voip.ms. So far I like it. Seems to be very straight forward; if only I could get all my phones to ring. I got some more advice on that issue that I will try out later today.