News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obitalk 202 and cisco spa303 phone

Started by ciscoobi, January 29, 2015, 05:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciscoobi

what is maximum number of cisco spa303 phones supported by one obitalk 202 device?
ITSP A is connected to google voice to provide incoming and outgoing calls.
ITSP B is connected to another voip provider for incoming and outgoing calls.

i can have 2 analog phones attached to obi202 device to be used with above providers.

ITSP C and D are unused at present.
how many cisco spa303 phones can be added to this configuration?

thank for the help.

azrobert

Quote from: ciscoobi on January 29, 2015, 05:39:29 PM
what is maximum number of cisco spa303 phones supported by one obitalk 202 device?
I don't know the answer to your question. I also don't own a spa303.

What I can tell you is I just registered 3 softphones to ITSP D on my OBi200. Two were on Android phones and the other on a Windows 7 computer. I did not try any more devices. I did not try simultaneous calls. You should be able to register at least 6 spa303s on ITSP C & D. If the spa303 can call without registration then you can also use ITSP B for several more devices.

The OBi firmware was designed to route inbound calls to a max of 4 devices. This includes the phone ports. You can probably play games to get that up to 7 devices.

Have you registered one of your spa303's to the OBi202?

SteveInWA

Given the low cost of system-on-a-chip computers like the Raspberry Pi, if you have the interest and technical know-how, it would make more sense to set up a PBX for those SIP phones than to fiddle with a OBi.  The OBi wasn't designed to be a PBX, so it becomes pretty complex to kludge it into that function.

ciscoobi

yes.
i was able to connect one spa303 phone to ITSP C following the directions posted on obitalk forums. tested it for outgoing call on one line and it works.

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 29, 2015, 07:17:41 PM
Given the low cost of system-on-a-chip computers like the Raspberry Pi, if you have the interest and technical know-how, it would make more sense to set up a PBX for those SIP phones than to fiddle with a OBi.  The OBi wasn't designed to be a PBX, so it becomes pretty complex to kludge it into that function.

this seems like an interesting link to setting up PBX using Raspberry Pi.
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=10151

azrobert

If you are going to use the OBi202 with multiple IP phones on one ITSP, you need to increase the Max Sessions parameter.
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MaxSessions

Each simultaneous inbound or outbound call will use 1 session.

I didn't need all the options on IncrediblePBX, so I used Raspbx Beta version.
I found 2 minor bugs in the Beta version.
The Apply Config button turns red for no reason.
Just ignore it.
Problems with using zero as a dial pattern.
I could add the pattern, but if I subsequently tried adding or changing a pattern I would get an error.
I had to first delete the zero and then add it with the other changes.

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/downloads/

Edit:
Max sessions also applies to the provider ITSP.