News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Device configuration: disabled autoprovisioning... am I now unable to edit?

Started by Agent88, January 31, 2015, 05:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent88

I have read the forum post "Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both" several times but can't figure out what is being said.  It appears there may have been some typos and several members have complained about the wording but no changes have been made and the forum moderator has not clarified the OP.

I recently set up a new account with voip.ms and they provided instructions on how to configure my Obi110, which began by disabling autoprovisioning.  Everything seemed to go well and my phones are working, but I want to make some edits, but it appears that if I attempt to manually edit the new configuration that ObiTalk will override the settings I have already made with default settings if I choose to use the "authorized service provider" configuration, putting me back to square one.  Am I right?

giqcass

Yes you are correct, but if you do that you can add the settings from the Obitalk portal using the advanced configuration.  All of the options are there to set it up.  I'm not really sure why they would tell you to disable auto provisioning in the first place.  It was not necessary.

If you plan to add Google Voice this might be of use to you.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

Steps 5-9 might be useful if you want to migrate back to the Obitalk portal.

Long live our new ObiLords!