News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice SP1 Stuck on "Configuring..."

Started by tpir72, February 07, 2015, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karrde

It says this - SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2872)

Which I understand is not 2886. the problem is im updating it with the file from here http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

The download says 2886 and everywhere Ive seen it on the forums leads me to believe its 2886. but... i still get that same message I said earlier

It makes no sense to me.

Taoman

Quote from: karrde on May 20, 2016, 05:41:47 PM

It makes no sense to me.

That is the correct firmware file. Are you absolutely 100% sure you are selecting that file when you update?

Please describe the exact steps you are taking to update the firmware on your device.

karrde

Yea its the only file there...

I goto the web config. system management. device update. I upload that file.I click update. I click okay to the box that pops up. and then I get the usual -Firmware Update Successful

Previous version identical to the update. Firmware not modified.
Return

Taoman

What is the exact file size of the firmware file you are updating with?

karrde

Taoman

Don't know what to tell you. I have an OBi110 that I had been keeping at 2872. I just now downloaded the fw file and updated my 110 with it as we were posting. After reboot it is showing I'm now at 2886.

I really don't understand how it could be telling you:

Previous version identical to the update. Firmware not modified.

I would probably unplug the unit overnight and retry in the morning. I don't get it.

karrde

:/ Yea I dont know either. The whole thing hasnt been doing alot of stuff it is supposed to, I had to get the ip from expert config cause ***1 on the phone was giving me an error.

and now I cant even login to the web config because somehow admin admin stopped being the credentials

karrde

ok i kept trying... and something different finally happened (been doing the same thing this whole time so who knows why)

and now im stuck here  http://imgur.com/rRz5lG6

and the device is alternating between a green bar and a red one

if i click return on that page it just brings me back to a spot to upload the firmware and try again... it seems kinda broke

karrde

Ok messed with it some more. managed to downgrade the firmware to 2872 which got me out of that firmware loop.which was nice

but obviously im now back to where I started, tried updraging it back to 2886, alot of its already installed, and then eventually got it to upgrade it. and back in the loop. so i downgraded it again and am currently sitting at 2872 and will just pay the damn 10$ i think. assuming i can get the damn device added to obitalk. it doesnt seem to be playing ball, im guessing their authentication  server or something is down? ill keep trying throughout the day

Taoman

Quote from: karrde on May 20, 2016, 06:40:43 PM

and the device is alternating between a green bar and a red one

Check this out but obviously don't use the firmware in the link. Use the latest firmware.

http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/alt

karrde

Yea I got past that eventually. using the 2886 file refused to work. the only way I could get past it was using the latest fw file. The one that is NOT the actual latest.

Far as I can tell, when i get it to actually accept the upgrade file for 2886, it has an issue with the reboot and gets stuck there. I can actually replicate and "fix" the whole situation pretty easily now.  But all that doesnt do me much good since Im stuck at 2872 and cant even currently get the device added to obitalk.

I appreciate you attempting to help but at this point it seems like Im experiencing quite a few unique issues...

edit- yea it really does seem to just screw up at the reboot stage, im now wondering if payign them 10$ for the click to update option is even going to make a difference or if its just the device itself thats screwed up. although its very odd to me that it reboots fine when i use the older firmware to get out of the loop.  So i guess its just the 2886 firmware that wont reboot right.

mkarian

I have an OBI 110 I've been using with Gvoice for a number of years.  Since the old configuration stopped working I finally took a dive into updating the firmware with the hopes to getting it working again.  I have:
- Successfully updated the firmware to the latest (v.1.3, build 2886)
- Followed the exact procedure for deleting my old Google voice account (SP2) and then re-adding it again.  I get the google authorization windows and grant access (which I see is approved successfully).

However, I then end up with the same issue described here: The Obi web portal gets stuck on 'configuring' for a long time, then eventually changes to 'service not configured'.  I have tried waiting a day or so as a couple people here say worked for them, but it doesn't help.  I do NOT want to do a hard reset of the Obi since I have other configurations tweeked and SP1 working with another service (Localphone).

To diagnose the issue further, I logged directly into to the Obi (using the IP address) after deleting my SP2 google voice service and noticed it was still configured.  So I reverted all settings for SP2 to default, rebooted the device, and started from scratch doing the procedure all over again.  Still no luck...

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!   

Bleu

I'm having the same issue with an OBi110 and OBi202. Google Voice calls had worked for several years until last week. I performed a factory reset and manual firmware updates without issue, but the Google Voice numbers (I've tried several) will no longer register. The devices work fine as I have two CallCentric numbers registered and working.

Were you able to resolve your issues with the Google Voice registration?

drgeoff

If you are trying to get GV working by merely inputting an email address and password, that does not work anymore.

There are links to detailed instructions by SteveInWA in many threads started on these forums within the last month.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

mkarian

Quote from: Bleu on July 16, 2016, 08:12:28 AM
I'm having the same issue with an OBi110 and OBi202. Google Voice calls had worked for several years until last week. I performed a factory reset and manual firmware updates without issue, but the Google Voice numbers (I've tried several) will no longer register. The devices work fine as I have two CallCentric numbers registered and working.

Were you able to resolve your issues with the Google Voice registration?

Yes I finally was!  I re-tried many times & different things also, so it's a little hard to know what triggered it to work exactly.  However, it connected right after I re-registered the device, so that seemed to be the key.  From the Web Portal dashboard, click on add device (without having removed it first) and follow the procedure from there as if it's a new Obi.  Be curious to know if it works for you.  Good luck!

Bleu

mkarian,

Your suggestion solved my issue and Google Voice is now registered and working.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up!

mkarian

Quote from: Bleu on July 16, 2016, 09:00:39 AM
mkarian,

Your suggestion solved my issue and Google Voice is now registered and working.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up!

Great to hear.  You are very welcome! 

thetwins

Mkarian,

THANK YOU!!!  I've been at this for about 6 hours (on and off) and your suggestion to re-register it (without removing it first) was the final step!  I did upgrade the firmware as per Steve's advice, but could not get it to work after that, until I followed your tips.

THANKS AGAIN!

mkarian

Quote from: thetwins on July 16, 2016, 10:34:08 PM
Mkarian,

THANK YOU!!!  I've been at this for about 6 hours (on and off) and your suggestion to re-register it (without removing it first) was the final step!  I did upgrade the firmware as per Steve's advice, but could not get it to work after that, until I followed your tips.

THANKS AGAIN!

You are very welcome.  Glad to see others are benefiting from this also.  With three of us having solved this the same way now, it seems we have a definitive answer what to do in such a case.  Enjoy!

Creditcardjoint

Hi,

If anyone can please help!

I am using obi202 with build 5264

It is not allowing me to add GV, it keeps on getting stuck on "configuring"

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks