News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 202 phone and fax set up

Started by justin24, February 06, 2015, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justin24

I currently have a phone working on the obi 202 in the first port on the obi 202 with GV. My trouble comes when I try to add the fax line to the port 2 also on GV. If I call the phone both the fax and the phone ring. Is there a setup guide on how to make it so that the phone line only rings when it is called and the fax does the same. They have two separate numbers so I am assuming I have something wrong in the obi settings.

Thanks for any help

202Owner

Given 1 DID to voice service setup on SP1, and a second DID to voice service setup on SP2 (2 GV accounts), you need to adjust the SPn inbound call routes:

SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_InboundCallRoute = ph1 ;route inbound to PH1
SP2 Service - SP2 Service::X_InboundCallRoute = ph2 ;route inbound to PH2

justin24

I set up as you mentioned but now the phone 1 does not ring when called and the fax line rings on the phone 1 line with the fax ring tone.

202Owner

Quote from: justin24 on February 08, 2015, 12:42:09 PM
I set up as you mentioned but now the phone 1 does not ring when called and the fax line rings on the phone 1 line with the fax ring tone.

DID1 > GV1 > Google Chat OBi SP1 > SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_InboundCallRoute = ph1
DID2 > GV2 > Google Chat OBi SP2 > SP2 Service - SP2 Service::X_InboundCallRoute = ph2

Pretty straightforward routing... check your settings end-to-end.  Login to the OBi Status Call History to see the call routing.