News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring Tones

Started by peter334, February 19, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter334

I'm new to the forum having just recently dumped my landline and switched to an Obi100 and Callcentric. I've noticed that my phones now have a double ring to them. Does this come from the ATA or the service provider? How can this be modified? Can I setup distinctive ring tones? Thanks.

drgeoff

The signal that rings your phone is generated by your Obi.  The cadence is programmable and the Obi contains several preset ones.

If you are using two Service Providers you can assign a different cadence to each.  However you only mention Callcentric so I assume you have one SP.  AFAIK it is not possible to have the Obi use a different ring cadence depending on the caller's number.

However the Obi will pass the CallerID to the phone and some phones can match incoming numbers to ones in their phonebook which have been assigned distinctive rings.

N7AS

Go to Voice Services > SP1 Service >

X-RingProfile   A
X-DefaultRing  1

This should give you a standard ring pattern.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.