News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

10 Sec delay before dialing... where is it coming from?

Started by N1KMP, February 20, 2015, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1KMP

My setup:
- PSTN is primary line
- 1 phone on phone
- GV
- We have multiple area codes in our dialing area so we use 10 digit dialing
- It all seems to work

Problem:  I cannot get rid of the 10 second delay when I dial a 10 digit number.

Here is the DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S3|[1-9][0-9]S3|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

The 2 S3's were originally S9 but changing them did not cause any change.

What & where is the 10 seconds coming from in terms of what is controlling it?

azrobert

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap
Default: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
Change to: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

(Mpli) points to the Primary Line, so the Line DigitMap is included with the Phone Port DigitMap rules.

The xx. is causing the 10 second delay.

N1KMP

Azrobert... that worked...but from you I expected it would :)

I had tried adding the following xxxxxxxxxxS3 to the rule, separated with | but it did not work.  I may have even tried a | and 10x's.  Why didn't that work?

Thanks for helping...And I may be back when I get farther into this.  This really is pretty cool!

Nick

azrobert

What you did should have worked.
You must have done something wrong.

There are 2 timers.
The short timer is 2 seconds.
The long timer is 10 seconds.

If a dialed number only matches "xx.", there will be a 10 second delay.This is considered an Indefinite Match because "xx." will match any number of digits and the long timer is used. The OBi doesn't know if you will enter additional digits, so it waits.

Adding rule "xxxxxxxxxx" will result in an Exact Match, but the dialed number can potentially match "xx." if more digits are entered. The OBi will use the short timer. "xxxxxxxxxx" is used because its a better match than "xx.".

Adding rule "xxxxxxxxxxS3" will override the short timer with a 3 second wait.

Replacing "xx." with "xxxxxxxxxx" will also result in an Exact Match. The 10 digit dialed number will not match any other rule with additional dialed digits, so timers are not used and the dialed number will be routed immediately.