News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reliance Global India Call

Started by Ladidadidum, September 20, 2012, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladidadidum

All of my calls to India via Reliance Global drops off just after the greeting. The primary number for the Reliance call is from OBI GV#.  However, I can use the same userid/pwd combination from other non-OBI/GV phones to make the calls.  Do I have to set up OBI any different to make this call go through? 

MrFrugal

I have been using reliance Global call to India for more than a year through GV and obihai. For the past one week, call disconnects after the greeting. I updated the firmware without success. I can make reliance global India calls nonGV/ohihai without problems. Anyone else is having the same problem.

MrObigtalk

I'm having the same issue. Any resolution ? Thx

rsriram22

how exactly are you calling? am assuming that you are using GV on SP1 (with SP1 as default line for outgoing calls) and calling 1-866-3-reliance or something like that?
have two 100s and one 110

MrObigtalk

Yeah .... I tried both the local number and the toll free number. Interestingly enough, if I INITIATE the call by logging into Google voice (web ... which in turn calls the obi number as well as reliance), the call seems to go through to the destination. Beats the purpose though.

Thx !

raddy

I am facing the same issue. Any resolution seen?

GSKR

I am also facing the same issue, when checked with Reliance they told it is GV issue & GV need to act on it. Has anyone were able to resolve this issue. If yes, please post the resolution.

bawaji

I had the same problem for quite a while. Redialing a few times would sometimes work. However, if I used the 1-800 access number, it would work the first time. Dialing using Reliance app on Android phone also worked without any problems. Must have been some issue with the interface from the Obi110 through GV.

I am not seeing this problem since last weekend on the phone connected to my Obi110 using Google Voice. Hope this problem has been taken care of. Check and see if it is working for you too.

missnature

I am having a similar issue since last 10 days using IndiaLD. For some reason it just can't recognize the destination number I dialed. Also was trying to check my cell phone voice yesterday using Obi + GV and it would not accept my password (Tried at least 10 times).

Could be an issue with DTMF tone transmission. This was working fine so far. Only since last 10 days or so I am seeing this.

jampal

It's been almost 3 years since the last post on this topic.  I cannot get through to any international location using Reliance Call India (obi200 + GV) .  I can get though to the local number and it prompts me to dial the international number. But after that it just disconnects.

Using my computer I can use google voice hangouts and call the reliance number and then dial internationally and get through.

Any idea how this issue has been resolved for anyone?

jampal

Quick update -
I tried another Reliance Number - picked a random number that I have never used in the past from another State and was able to get though.   The original local number in my area code still does not work - but that is not an issue as long as I can use Reliance service one way or the other.
Thanks