News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line Port (OBi110) to Extension port on Panasonic KX-T61610 Analog Key System

Started by drjdawg, May 30, 2011, 06:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drjdawg

I setup this OBi with GV as my SP1 with the phone port connected to CO2 of Key System. I also  connected Line Port connected to an extension (in this case, ext 17) on analog key system (KX-T61610). The GV incoming and outgoing calls work perfect with the key system. I can dial "#" from my key system to the OBi and get ext 17, but cannot get ext 17  after dialing my GV number from the PSTN. 

Need Help:

I would like to setup AA to answer with a PIN and allow me to access dial-tone from the Key System (say ext 17) and allow me to dial extension within the key system.

Alternatively, I would be happy to call my GV number from say my cell phone (312-555-0121) and have the calls go directly to ext 17 on my key system. Whichever is easier to setup. I am a newbie to VoIP, as this is my first setup.

obi-support2

At present it is not possible to dial a single # key from AA; the AA will interpret a single
# as a command to leave the current option.

Suppose you are willing to use, say a single * key to do the same thing, you can

Add a single digit rule in the AA Service digit map, |*|
and add a routing rule in the AA Service OutboundCallRoute, {(<*:>):li}
(Note:make sure you don't have a typo when submitting the changes)

When you hear the AA, select option 2, and dial * #
to get dial tone from your KS.

OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

drjdawg,

When the Auto Attendant answers, you can also press 2, enter PIN, and simply enter the number you wish sent out the LINE Port to ext. 17 instead of getting KS dialtone first.

RonR

drjdawg,

A heads up...

Calls to ext. 17 are going to ring the OBi's LINE Port, which will cause the OBi to ring it's PHONE Port, which is connected to CO2 on your KX-T61610.  I don't know if this loop is interesting or not, but I thought I'd point it out in case it was.

RonR

Quote from: drjdawg on May 30, 2011, 06:01:30 PM
Alternatively, I would be happy to call my GV number from say my cell phone (312-555-0121) and have the calls go directly to ext 17 on my key system.

drjdawg,

I've never seen this documented anywhere, but it appears to work (with a POTS line connected to the LINE Port):

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(x.3125550121):li},<whatever was already there>

Calls to your Google Voice number on SP1 from your cell phone (only) should get KS dialtone from ext.17 and you can dial the desired number.

bong

Quote from: RonR on May 30, 2011, 08:48:43 PM
Quote from: drjdawg on May 30, 2011, 06:01:30 PM
Alternatively, I would be happy to call my GV number from say my cell phone (312-555-0121) and have the calls go directly to ext 17 on my key system.

drjdawg,

I've never seen this documented anywhere, but it appears to work (with a POTS line connected to the LINE Port):

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(x.3125550121):li},<whatever was already there>

Calls to your Google Voice number on SP1 from your cell phone (only) should get KS dialtone from ext.17 and you can dial the desired number.

This is cool! It's like having a remote dialtone.

OBi110
SP1: GV
SP2: Callcentric
Line Port: None
Phone Port: GE 5.8GHz Corded/Cordless Multi Handset