News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use obihai 302 with Freeswitch

Started by lefko8, March 04, 2015, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefko8

I see a lot of talk about Obihai devices with asterisk, but not freeswitch.  Does anybody know how to, or can point me to a clear instruction set on how to do this.  I am able to call out through the analog phone to either another softphone on the network, or to my cell phone through flowroute.  I have accomplished this by setting up a simple extension and getting the obi to authenticate via spi/voice services.

I am not able to call the analog phone connected to the obi through a softphone registered with my freeswitch server.  I have tried to set the gateway up so it does not have to authenticate.  When I look at fusionpbx it claims the status is "stopped"  When I try to call I get "not available please record your message"  I can see via wireshark that no messages are being sent from freeswitch to the obihai302.

azrobert

First, I never used Freeswitch, so I can't help with the configuration.

You just want to ring the OBi phone from Freeswitch and not use any trunk defined on the OBi. Correct?

You said:
QuoteI have accomplished this by setting up a simple extension and getting the obi to authenticate via spi/voice services.

You have the OBi setup as an extension. Simply route the call to that extension.

You only have to setup the OBi as a gateway when you want to route outbound calls to a trunk defined on the OBI.