News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and MyNetFone (AU)

Started by dvlpr, May 31, 2011, 04:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvlpr

Hello all,

Just connected up my new Obi110, configured it with the settings from the Aussie thread and I'd now like to enter my VoIP provider details in. I'm using MyNetFone and was wondering whether I need to tweak any of the advanced settings or is entering the sip addresses and logins enough (I did a quick search here, but didn't find a thread with such information - if there's one, please point me to it).

Thanks!

RonR

ProxyServer, AuthUserName, AuthPassword, and (optionally) CallerIDName are usually enough to get you going.

dvlpr

Quote from: RonR on May 31, 2011, 06:58:47 AM
ProxyServer, AuthUserName, AuthPassword, and (optionally) CallerIDName are usually enough to get you going.

Yep, I've setup those and things seem to be working - I was just wondering whether I should tweak anything else  ;D

On a side note, is this rule ok (set in Phone port's OutboundCallRoute):

{0011xx.:sp1},{@:li}

Basically, all I want is for any number beginning with 0011 to go through my SP1 and the rest through PSTN.

Thanks!

RonR

I would prefer leaving the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute at Default and making these changes:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(<**1>0011xx.|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(0011xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

dvlpr

Ok, thank you - I'll give those a try once I go through the docs and understand the rules.

dvlpr

Sorry, I've tried to translate the rules using the admin docs, but don't understand them fully  ???  For example, I don't think I need "|011xx.|", as I can't think of a number that starts with 011 here and also the "<1>[2-9]" - is this a USA format (since my understanding is that it prepends "1" to any number starting with 2-9)? Or I just mis-read the rules  ;D

Thanks!

RonR

As far as I know, all OBi's ship with default dialing rules for US/Canada numbers.  ITSPx and LINE Port trunks also contain an xx. DigitMap rule that accepts anything.  You said "Basically, all I want is for any number beginning with 0011 to go through my SP1 and the rest through PSTN."  The two changes I proposed simply added that capability to the default rules but should accomplish the requested goal.  Did you actually make those changes and try it?

The OutboundCallRoute rule set you proposed [{0011xx.:sp1},{@:li}] will send numbers beginning with 0011 to SP1 and single-digit numbers to the LINE Port (but they need some parenthesis to make them work correctly).  If that's the complete set of rules, it would also eliminate the ability to access the Auto Attendant, Configuration Menu, and other OBi's.

You can eliminate unneeded US/Canada rules and/or add explicit rules for your locale, if you wish, but I would recommend a good understanding of the Digit Map syntax as well as the relationship between the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute before starting.  If I can be of assistance in that regard, I'd be happy to offer it.

dvlpr

Quote from: RonR on June 02, 2011, 08:15:29 AM
As far as I know, all OBi's ship with default dialing rules for US/Canada numbers.  ITSPx and LINE Port trunks also contain an xx. DigitMap rule that accepts anything.  You said "Basically, all I want is for any number beginning with 0011 to go through my SP1 and the rest through PSTN."  The two changes I proposed simply added that capability to the default rules but should accomplish the requested goal.  Did you actually make those changes and try it?
Ok, so that means I understood the rules more or less correctly  :)

No, I haven't tried your suggestions yet, as I wanted to see what the rest of the rule does (and I think I understand the number formats now).

The OutboundCallRoute rule set you proposed [{0011xx.:sp1},{@:li}] will send numbers beginning with 0011 to SP1 and single-digit numbers to the LINE Port (but they need some parenthesis to make them work correctly).  If that's the complete set of rules, it would also eliminate the ability to access the Auto Attendant, Configuration Menu, and other OBi's.
Ok, so @ is a single digit and @@. is an arbitrary number of digits, right? Parenthesis is another thing I didn't take care of (yet).

I'd like to keep the AA and the rest of it in of course, so my rules won't work in any case.

You can eliminate unneeded US/Canada rules and/or add explicit rules for your locale, if you wish, but I would recommend a good understanding of the Digit Map syntax as well as the relationship between the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute before starting.  If I can be of assistance in that regard, I'd be happy to offer it.
Thank you - I'd be happy to learn more about the relationship between those and I could then use the manual to try and come up with a set of rules based on Australian phone number formats.

RonR

Quote from: dvlpr on June 02, 2011, 03:10:53 PM
Ok, so @ is a single digit and @@. is an arbitrary number of digits, right? Parenthesis is another thing I didn't take care of (yet).

I'd like to keep the AA and the rest of it in of course, so my rules won't work in any case.

An @ actually matches any alphanumeric character except #.

A DigitMap expression has to be enclosed in parenthesis:

{(0011xx.):sp1},{(@@.):li}

Otherwise, it's treated as a literal.

With an occasional exception, I try to leave the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute untouched.  Most of the time, anything you want to do can be done in the ITSPA, ITSPB, OBiTALK, and LINE DigitMaps.

Quote from: dvlpr on June 02, 2011, 03:10:53 PM
I'd be happy to learn more about the relationship between those and I could then use the manual to try and come up with a set of rules based on Australian phone number formats.

Start out by taking a look at this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.0

Then study pages 113 - 122 in the OBi Device Administration Guide.

dvlpr

I've applied the rules as per your first post, but for some reason my calls are going through to SP1 instead of PSTN (numbers like 0410xxxxxx). Not sure why yet  ;D

RonR

Do you have PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine set to PSTN Line?

dvlpr

Yes, but it kept reverting - now that I've turned off AutoProvisioning, I'll try again and post back here. Thanks for your help!

dvlpr

Ok, seems like it's working properly now  ;D

My next step is to finally get around to reading the docs and adjusting the digit maps.

jtmarcot

Finally another mynetfone user!  dvlpr - I'd really appreciate your assistance.  I've been hooked into MNF with my Obi110 for over a month with very limited success.  Every 24 hours or so, my SIP registration fails.  After countless tweaks made with support (on both sides) and no resolution, MNF are telling me that the Obi device probably isn't going to be supported.  I'd be interested to know how you're going, and if you've come across any disconnection issues.

...sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm desperate :-)

dvlpr

I haven't talked through MNF a lot yet, but I didn't have any registration failures yet either. Or at least I didn't notice any. If the registration failed, would it restore itself or do you have to do something manually? My Obi110 is re-registering MNF every 60 seconds (don't know why, but I haven't tweaked any settings yet) and I'd assume that if it failed, it would say so somewhere, right?

What happens when registration fails?

QBZappy

dvlpr,

Quote from: dvlpr on June 06, 2011, 05:44:27 AM
What happens when registration fails?

If registration fails you should see something like this in the system status>SP1/2 Service Status

Register Failed: 401  <---- code will vary depending on the reason why it did not register
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dvlpr

Quote from: QBZappy on June 06, 2011, 08:05:25 AM
dvlpr,

If registration fails you should see something like this in the system status>SP1/2 Service Status

Register Failed: 401  <---- code will vary depending on the reason why it did not register
Ok, haven't seen that (yet). I assume it doesn't recover on its own without my intervention, so that means it's not failing for me.

The only settings I've changed are these: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=616.0 - the rest are defaults.

jtmarcot

Thanks qbzappy and dvlpr.  Once my unit fails to register, it remains that way until I set a new MyNetFone sip address (I tend to shuffle between sip and sip20).  I've tried forwarding ports thru on my modem, and putting the obi on the dmz, but no luck.  The latest attempt has been to disable sip_alg on my modem.  I haven't had a registration failure since doing that last night, but I woke up this morning to a disconnected obi (the power light was on, but no others).  I've rebooted the device, and we'll see how it goes from here.

QBZappy

dvlpr,

Registration period comes from this setting:
Service Providers>ITSP Profile A/B>SIP>RegistrationPeriod = 60  <----------- Default setting

When you look at the system staus page "Status" it dose not indicate that the OBi is loosing registration. It just happens to be a snapshot of the moment indicating how many seconds before it tries to reg again. This value can be modified if needed to suit your particular SP.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dvlpr

Quote from: jtmarcot on June 07, 2011, 04:07:56 PM
Thanks qbzappy and dvlpr.  Once my unit fails to register, it remains that way until I set a new MyNetFone sip address (I tend to shuffle between sip and sip20).  I've tried forwarding ports thru on my modem, and putting the obi on the dmz, but no luck.  The latest attempt has been to disable sip_alg on my modem.  I haven't had a registration failure since doing that last night, but I woke up this morning to a disconnected obi (the power light was on, but no others).  I've rebooted the device, and we'll see how it goes from here.
Not sure if it matters, but I use sip00.mynetfone.com.au