News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to recover if you are locked out of the display screen on the obi1032

Started by QBZappy, March 04, 2015, 12:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

I somehow locked myself out of the display screen on the obi1032 while I was exploring the menus. The phone seems to be locked down until you type in the unlock code. I came very close to following the instructions mentioned below to factory reset the phone. I noticed that I was still able to get to the web interface of the phone. You can recover the phone by following Solution 1 or 2. This might help someone.

User Settings->User Preferences
ScreenSaverLock   Solution#1 Uncheck the lock
UnlockPasscode Solution#2 Change the Passcode

Solution#3 (Last resort)
Factory Reset
You  may  be  able  to  reset  all  phone  settings  to  factory  default  values  if  permitted  by  your  phone
administrator
You  can  access  the  Factory  Reset  function  from  the  NWP  or  from  the  phone  GUI  under  the  Settings  App.

Another  way  to  force  a  reset  is  to  press  and  hold  down  the  Home  Key  and  Cancel  Key  simultaneously  for  10s  while  the  phone  is  starting  up,  when  the  boot up  screen  is  being  shown.  This  may  be  the  only  method  to  factory  reset  the 
phone  in  the  rare  event  that  the  phone's  internal  memory  is  corrupted  for  any  unforeseen  reason  and  the  phone  fails  to  boot  up.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.