News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to get IP

Started by TangoBravo, August 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TangoBravo

Hello,

Hope someone here can guide me on how to solve this. I've tried for going on 3 hours now to now avail.

I have an OBI 1062 phone, connected directly to a Linksys E1000 Router (firmware 2.1.02 there is a firmware update but webisite is having issues dl'd it).

Not matter what I try, I can't get an IP address via Wired. I did get a connection via Wifi (and took the opportunity to update to the latest firmware as of thist post (Aug 2015).

I tried DHCP, I tried static (I have DHCP reservation with Mac Address). Nothing.

After reading some posts, I tried connecting the phone directly to the modem and rebooting (both the modem and the phone..with the phone in DHCP) no love.

Have not set the phone up in the Obitalk portal because, well, it doesn't show up.

What else can I try? I didn't connect via direct from the modem so it's not the router. I'm at my wits end.

Can someone out there that has more brain horsepower than me point me in a direction?

Thanks,

Alfred

Edit Update: I found the problem. Just couldn't leave the problem alone so it occurred to me to try a different Ethernet cable. Yep, that did it.

If you're troubleshooting, simple test and try everything....hope this helps someone.

drgeoff

1.  Ensure you are plugging the ethernet cable into the correct socket on the 1062.  You should be using the one marked SW. That's the one of the three that is closest to the display.

2.  Try another ethernet cable.

3.  Try a Factory Reset.  That is on one of the the softkeys when you enter the Configuration menu.

TangoBravo

Thank you drgeoff, it was indeed the cable itself.....