News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie with an Obi 200...have questions...

Started by Louey, March 08, 2015, 12:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louey

Hi there,

I recently purchased an Obi200 from Newegg in Canada and I had some questions:

1... If I want to use my current answering machine as opposed to voicemail, can I turn off voice mail or not use it at all and some how still use my answering machine?

2...The wifi adapter that is available for purchase...is it specific for Obihai products or can I buy just any generic wifi adapter and use it?

Thanks so much...

Louey...

N7AS

If you are going to use GoogleVoice, you can't turn VoiceMail off. It will pick-up after 25 seconds of ringing. You still can use your answering machine if you set the number of rings to pick-up before 25 seconds. Usually 4 rings is enough. If you are going to use freephoneline.ca , I think you may be able to turn off voicemail.

To use WiFi with your OBi200, you will need to get the OBiWiFi adapter. I could be wrong, but I don't think other adapters will work.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.